Remote Starter - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-22-2009, 11:17 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Remote Starter

Any suggestions for remote starters on a diesel? do they even make them?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-22-2009, 12:31 PM
Premium Member

They Make Em

Mine is an Astrostart Astro2W, I really like it except the start button is a little too easy to accidentally press when its in your pocket (ie sit down at church and your autostart goes off -- oops) My friend has a newer remote for his gasser and it works way better!!!

Most all of the good ones will cycle the glow-plugs and work really well, mine is programmable to do 4,8,16, or 32 minutes of runtime... It also uses a smart high-idle.

Really convenient during summer too, I leave it set to 4 minutes and when need to cool off the turbo I just hit the autostart before I shut down, keeps it running for an extra 4 minutes while I run in the store or wherever.

Just be careful if you use the keep warm feature (starts every couple hours -- it can drain your battery if your not careful)

Hope this helps
Old 06-22-2009, 12:35 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Compustar. 2 way 900 fm. Will do everything u need plus make you a sandwich. Check them out, Just dont get a spread spectrum
Old 06-22-2009, 06:19 PM

Thanks for the info guys
Old 06-22-2009, 06:21 PM

mines a code alarm. there great. it has like a 15 second delay for the glow plugs and you can use it for a turbo timer too. i beleive you can set the run time after you take the key out to cool your turbo. i think every diesel should come factory with remote start
Old 06-22-2009, 06:27 PM
Built to my standards!

so on these remote starts, can you hit the start buttton and drive it for more than the run time it allows, or will it shut off on you?
Old 06-22-2009, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin M View Post
so on these remote starts, can you hit the start buttton and drive it for more than the run time it allows, or will it shut off on you?
you have to turn the key forward. also when you hit the brake, it kills the truck so no one can steal it if the keys not in it.
Old 06-22-2009, 06:34 PM
Built to my standards!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamstoyz View Post
you have to turn the key forward. also when you hit the brake, it kills the truck so no one can steal it if the keys not in it.
cool beans
Old 06-23-2009, 05:19 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskanEngineer View Post
Mine is an Astrostart Astro2W, I really like it except the start button is a little too easy to accidentally press when its in your pocket (ie sit down at church and your autostart goes off -- oops) My friend has a newer remote for his gasser and it works way better!!!

Most all of the good ones will cycle the glow-plugs and work really well, mine is programmable to do 4,8,16, or 32 minutes of runtime... It also uses a smart high-idle.

Really convenient during summer too, I leave it set to 4 minutes and when need to cool off the turbo I just hit the autostart before I shut down, keeps it running for an extra 4 minutes while I run in the store or wherever.

Just be careful if you use the keep warm feature (starts every couple hours -- it can drain your battery if your not careful)

Hope this helps
I have an astro Start myself. Must be an Alaska thing, because i got mine installed in Fairbanks. I love it, use it all the time. one of the best things i ever bought for the truck.
Old 06-28-2009, 06:14 AM
Semper Fi

I have an AutoCommand 28624TN, Picked it up for about 30 bucks brand new installed it in about 2.5 hours and it works great. It waits 30 seconds before starting, doesn't have a cooldown timer but you can press the remote start feature while ignition is on and it will continue to run while allowing you to activate the alarm and walk away with keys in hand. Only wierd thing I had to do to install it was use a relay to convert the door trigger from pos to neg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.