Bullydog vs Hypertech - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2009, 06:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to ABoyAndHisToys
Bullydog vs Hypertech

A buddy of mine has a BullyDog 6pos chip in his 01. He found a Hypertech programmer for sale cheap. Although I have been trying to get him to go custom he wont budge. He's waiting for me to get my truck back up with my sticks and turbo then take my current TW. My question is which is better for him to run....Bullydog or Hypertech. I know they are both garbage in most eyes including mine but which should I tell him to run?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2009, 07:06 AM

Understand this is only my opinion, but it is based on the fact that Ive had the BD6pos and have a close friend who had the HTP. (The Power Programmer) the BD is a more simple platform,(Turn the knob on the fly) but has inferior shift point programming in the higher settings, IMO. At least the programmer lets you "Choose" A more detailed tune set (still rather generic) and offers other features, but you have to pull over and program. (Bleah) Tell him hes better off with neither till he scores yer TW.

Last edited by Sleeperstroke; 06-18-2009 at 07:17 AM.
Old 06-18-2009, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeperstroke View Post
Understand this is only my opinion, but it is based on the fact that Ive had the BD6pos and have a close friend who had the HTP. (The Power Programmer) the BD is a more simple platform,(Turn the knob on the fly) but has inferior shift point programming in the higher settings, IMO. At least the programmer lets you "Choose" A more detailed tune set (still rather generic) and offers other features, but you have to pull over and program. (Bleah) Tell him hes better off with neither till he scores yer TW.
I agree...... My truck wont be ready for another few months and he's going on a trip with a 5er. He can get the HTP for $100.00 and he's not happy with the way the BD shifts with a load.
Old 06-18-2009, 08:24 AM

Send a message via AIM to Nally7.3Powerstroke
Tell him to go with the Hypertech then, its not like he needs a programmer for racing or anything he just needs a little extra power for pulling and the hypertech is better off
Old 06-18-2009, 08:28 AM

Does anyone know if the Hypertech smokes on the highest setting. His BD smokes like a freight train and he hates it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.