HPOP Help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2009, 06:48 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Nally7.3Powerstroke
HPOP Help

So after seeing you guys talk I realize if I want more power I need a better HPOP. so what are some good brand and good prices for me? Any help would be great
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2009, 06:59 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
it depends on what your plans are.. are you going to change injectors? if so what kinda of injectors are you going to go to

hybrids run perfectly fine an a stock 17* pump.

do you want more oil to your stock injectors? the dieselsite adrenaline pumps seem to be doing a great job the more a read/hear about them. They are inexpensive and a good fit for stock to mild injectors or hybrids. they won't push big stage II injectors though...

stealth has a new single pump that is nice but costly, or you could always go with the terminator dual pump. Also very good pumps but will hit you heavy in the pocket book...
Old 06-10-2009, 07:01 PM

I would love to throw a little bigger set of injectors but the money is gonna be fun to gather up. not to mention i would have to get my chip retuned...
Old 06-10-2009, 07:09 PM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
they are pricey. You need to decide what injectors you want and then upgrade the oil system around that.

On stock injectors I noticed very little difference with my stealth system.. It gave me more pedal on the top end but power wise just the upgrade alone (IMO) was not worth the expense, but I had already planned on adding injectors.

If you want a good pump for the moment until you decide what kind of injectors you want to run get an adrenaline pump from dieselsite. they are actually cheaper than a ford replacement stock pump and put out more volume.

http://www.dieselsite.com/index.asp?...ROD&ProdID=894

:edit: I correct myself. after re-reading on the adrenaline pump, it looks like they will supply just about any injector (except b-codes and large split shots), but I would still do some more research on what injectors you want and then choose an oil system.
Old 06-10-2009, 07:10 PM

ok thanks alot for the help I really appreiate it
Old 06-10-2009, 10:22 PM

give it time and the T-1 from Terminator Engineering will be av.
Old 06-11-2009, 05:52 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nally7.3Powerstroke View Post
So after seeing you guys talk I realize if I want more power I need a better HPOP. so what are some good brand and good prices for me? Any help would be great
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nally7.3Powerstroke View Post
I would love to throw a little bigger set of injectors but the money is gonna be fun to gather up. not to mention i would have to get my chip retuned...

Save your money for injectors... There is nothing wrong with your stock HPOP. You can put down over 500hp with the stock pump just fine. Save up for some hybrid injectors and be done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.