Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

EBP Valve?

2K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  daveyburt 
#1 ·
I am putting a wicked wheel on a 2001 7.3 w no mods (for now) and a buddy has a new pedistal that eliminates my ebp valve. Good idea or bad? plz help

#4 ·
I kept mine, and have it controlled through tuning.

It does have it's purposes, but mine won't come on when i'm driving anymore.

#5 ·
I got rid of mine & no problem here. It does help to warm your truck up a little faster when it's really cold though.

#7 ·
It activates during cold starts. It closes to put a load on the engine and help it warm up faster. The problem is that until the truck reaches full operating temps it will close sometimes while the truck is moving. It kills your milage when it does this, and the truck is a little low on power when it is closed.

I have it closed all the time in one of my high idle settings, and it is deactivated in all of my other settings on my chip. Except one more. It can also be used as an exhaust brake. (decel tune) Works great

#9 ·
He should be able to.

But he is the only one that can answer that for sure, call him up. :thumb:

#10 ·
SO if you disconnect it do you just leave it loose or do you wire it opened? is it open when the arm on the valve is all the way to the left?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.