Did 5.6k mod, questions? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-31-2009, 10:12 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Did 5.6k mod, questions?

Ok guys, so I did the 5.6k mod to my 02' f250 7.3l. My question is, I dont have lopey higher idle, still smooth 700rpm. I put the resistor into the top right and bottom eye of the plug and taped it in place so i know its in right. Also, my truck never used to make smoke, but if I rev it at idle I do get some nice black smoke out the pipe. Thats my only mod besides the zoodad so far. Im still trying to find 3.5" flex tubing for the muffler delete. My idle was unaffected by the resistor, is it possible that the mod is working for me, but that the resistor isn't low enough numerically to affect my idle, seeing as every truck is different? I nailed it @ 35mph and man it runs super strong. So any thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-31-2009, 10:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
mine barely loped with a 5.6k.. if it feels stronger then its working.. if you wire it up to a toggle then you can turn it on and off and put a lower one in.. i love the 3.3k but it wouldnt be good to have on all the time..

you dont need flex tubing for your straight pipe.. just buy a piece of 3.5" pipe thats 26" long and flared on each end, cut the muffler out, loosen the clamp twards the front of the truck from the muffler and rotate the pipe 180 degrees untill it lines up with the pipe going to the rear, throw your straight pipe in and weld it or clamp it and your ready to go.
Old 05-31-2009, 12:45 PM

Send a message via AIM to BIGBILL105 45
Sounds like everything is right. I got a 2.5k that I play with that makes smoke with but I would not run it for driving somewhere.
Old 05-31-2009, 05:53 PM

I went and bought a variable 10k resistor knob from radio shack for 2 bucks and it runs from 10k to 0k. and it is really nice. just cant trun it all the way down or the truck dies out. But is real nice.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:25 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by colinmitchell111 View Post
mine barely loped with a 5.6k.. if it feels stronger then its working.. if you wire it up to a toggle then you can turn it on and off and put a lower one in.. i love the 3.3k but it wouldnt be good to have on all the time..

you dont need flex tubing for your straight pipe.. just buy a piece of 3.5" pipe thats 26" long and flared on each end, cut the muffler out, loosen the clamp twards the front of the truck from the muffler and rotate the pipe 180 degrees untill it lines up with the pipe going to the rear, throw your straight pipe in and weld it or clamp it and your ready to go.
I may try a lower resistance, or just get that knob as stated. Where are you guys finding the 3.5'' pipe? None of the local muff shops carry bigger than 3'', and Id rather do the 3.5''. Yeah, I read that you can rotate the forward pipe to use a straight piece, if I can find the tubing, I will do it that way.

So far the mod makes it feel stronger and shifting seems unaffected in negative or positive way. Anyone picked up any mpgs doing this mod?
Old 06-01-2009, 12:38 PM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leroy88 View Post
I may try a lower resistance, or just get that knob as stated. Where are you guys finding the 3.5'' pipe? None of the local muff shops carry bigger than 3'', and Id rather do the 3.5''. Yeah, I read that you can rotate the forward pipe to use a straight piece, if I can find the tubing, I will do it that way.

So far the mod makes it feel stronger and shifting seems unaffected in negative or positive way. Anyone picked up any mpgs doing this mod?
i went to a shop that works on semi's, dump trucks, etc.. all the local muffler shops only had up to 3". i think it only cost me 19 bucks..

as far as the resistor mods, i didnt notice any mpg change.. if anything it was worse because i wanted to rip on it all the time..
Old 06-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Too cool for school

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Send a message via AIM to taylorking Send a message via Yahoo to taylorking
You have to drive it and get it warmed up before it will "lope"

It's not even a lope, it sounds horrible
Old 06-13-2009, 04:33 PM

how exactly do you do this mod, and is there differnt wattage resistors?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.