99 7.3 super dog - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2009, 01:38 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
99 7.3 super dog

Im new here, i have searched but still not sure whats the best route for me. My truck is a 99 f350 4 door 4wd, 7.3, 6 speed, 3.73 gear, 315 75/16, 145k miles. I drove the truck for a few months and was considering a chip/programmer, but didnt know anything about them. It died, after the dealer finished raping me, he gave me a gold superchip which was in it . also there was a toggle switch on the dash, which i understand is part of the second program in the chip? Wires went to the turbo, accellerator pedal, master cylinder, all of which were disconnected. wow was it different when i got it back, no power, harder to start, ect. The only other mods that i can find are the airbox seems to b modified in some way, and there is a flowmaster muffler and 3.5" pipe all the way out the back. this truck sits most of the time. I pull a Horse trailer, and a 24' Gooseneck trailer with my mudtruck and all my crap. I just need more power. i like the idea of being able to choose between stock and the different levels. I am going to change the gears to 4.10 instead of 3.73. I guess i need gauges? egt? boost? what else? i think it has the original downpipe. Thanks in advance. Tom
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2009, 08:27 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via MSN to Jesse.James
well i dont know what to tell you about your past isues, i dont understand where all those wire where going that you were talkin about. Most or all performance chips just hook into the computer just one connector that slides over the circuit board. Anyhow at this point i would just recommend the guages (boost and egt) and a turbo back exhaust either 4" or 5" then you can look at a custom chip either tw or dp
Old 05-31-2009, 03:15 AM

whats the build date on the door post?? they made 2 different set ups that year..build dates before 12/7/98 are called early 99's..build dates from 12/8/98 on we call 99.5's witch are the same trucks as the 00-03's i dont know much about the off the shelf junk chips so i cant help you much there..most of us run custom tuners...but knowing what you have for a truck is a good start to help you out with getting some good safe HP back...
Old 05-31-2009, 03:28 AM

my build date is 8/98 so i guess its an early 98 so what does that mean?
Old 05-31-2009, 03:42 AM

your truck has a smaller turbo set up..smaller then the 99.5-03 trucks..it also has a smaller HPOP and IDM... for now I would go to a custom chip from DP tuner Tony wildmen. swamps..any one of the sponsors listed here..you will get a chip that can have 6 to 16 different HP tunes burned onto it..its a switch on the fly chip..meaning you just push or turn a button while driving..2 seconds later your in that tune..they offers tow tunes and HP tunes..the chip also adjust the Trans line PSI as well as shift points to make the power get the ground a lot better...these custom tunes adjust more then the ICP .they adjust timing, fuel and oil to make strong safe HP gains while keeping the EGT's down...

down the road you can mod the IDM for .25 cents and get about a 20 - 25 HP gain..then do the HPOP to the 99.5 - 03 truck for even more gains...
Old 05-31-2009, 04:24 AM

thanks for the info, i am going to do the diy air filter mod, 4" downpipe, exhaust, and whats the mod to the idm? i havent found it yet, i will check out dp tuners, i also read i can have my gold superchip reprogrammed?
Old 05-31-2009, 06:18 AM
PMR = JUNK

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Jake Send a message via Yahoo to Jake
Those wires running from the turbo, master cyl. and accelerator might be an EBPV exhaust brake.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:36 AM

there is a 4x4 box under dash 1 wire goes to switch on dash, 2 wires to bottom of turbo, 2 wires to master cylinder, 1 wire to acccelerator pedal, wires also go to a circuit breaker mounted on the firewall, which is disconected. there is a oval logo with blue stripe around it on the box but cant make out the name. inside the box is 2 relays. anyway its all disconnected. im going to remove it. i did some research and found out that the gold superchip can have more than 1 program in it and the second one is activated by the switch. im gonna call superchips tommorow. i just want some extra power for towing my mud truck. not really looking to drag race or just roast the tires. looking for a program that i can leave stock or near stock until i need it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.