Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Tuners/Chips/Programmers, Read with caution...

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Derek@VisionDiesel 
#1 ·
No one freak out!!!

I have read and read about this topic. I have learned a lot, but still need a little help. Can someone(s) knowledgeable in CUSTOM stuff PM me. I would prefer a combination of non-dealers and a couple people that sell/tune (Raul, etc.).

I am pretty sure it is narrowed down to DP, TW, PHP (sounds like I know what Im talking about huh??? Nope!!) :doh:
I need people with a little time and a lot of patience please.

Any other newbies, feel free to contact me in a week or so.
Please keep the in forum posts to a minimum as this is definately a "touchy, horse beatin back to life, ran into the ground" subject.

Thanks to all in advance.

#2 ·
Keith,
Call and talk to each tuner about what your goals are.

You'll know who you want. :thumb:

Good Luck

#4 ·
Hey trbo,

Just wanted to give you a heads up... 1/2 of PHP has food poisoning, and we are moving our scheduled monthly phone closure from next week to this week, so we won't be available by phone until Monday. We just didn't think it was fair to offer mediocre customer service -- due to being understaffed -- and then close next week completely. If you need to speak with us this week, feel free to e-mail Bill at bill@phptune.com and include your phone number in the e-mail. He'll be happy to call you back and discuss your chip needs. We'll be happy to chat with you without pushing any products on you, and if we can't help you, we'll be happy to direct you to a reputable company who can!

#9 ·
TW looked good. It really came down to them and DP for their ability to adjust "on the fly".
I liked the ability to download from my laptop with the DP wqas the biggest reason. I wanted the TW for its price and "onsite support" with Raul being a list member.

Really came down to a coin flip in the end. I dont think you can go wrong with either (of course this theory is based on absolutely no practical experience with either...):thumb:

#10 ·
Haha alright. Yeah Raul set me up very nicely and the customer support there at TW is pretty good so i dont figure it will take much time if i ever need it reburned! Mine should be here in a little over a week

#11 ·
awesome. Let me know hoe it works out for you, and I will do the same.

Noticed in your signature about a "built tranny"
I am thinking I will be needing one sooner than later.

What route did you go with that project?
:burnout

#12 ·
Honestly I don't exactly know whats in my tranny and i regret not knowing! I took it to the local transmission shop and told them i didnt ever want to have to rebuild it again or upgrade it. They put all upgraded billet parts in and it cost be about 4k! I know i have a 2 or 3 stage clutch and a bigger pan. Other than that i would have to dig around and find recipts because 2 years ago when i had it done i wasnt into the whole diesel performance thing like i am now! All i know is its bullet proof and i love how it shifts both towing and play around! Also it never gets hot, even pulling loads

#14 ·
not to hijack this but raul whats the cheapest kit i can get for an exhaust? I have a 3.5" dp already....

I am not concerned with looks cuz i can always put a nice shiny tip on the end of it... are stacks cheaper than a full exhaust? Hit me up with a PM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.