Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

12" Wide Wheels?

2K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Thrill Seeker 
#1 ·
Who makes them in a 16"-18" size wheel and how bad is it going to hurt my bearings, and what else am I risking hurting running them?

I have seen trucks run them with no issues yet heard many say it's hard on the truck.

I love the deeper dish look and want to run some 12" wide wheels but if it's going to cause some serious issues down the road soon I might not. I'm looking for some insight to those who have or now do run them and issues or not they have come across with them and what brand and size you run and if you have any pictures also. Thanks.

#2 ·
i have 14" wide weld racing and i havent had a problem yet... :thumb: deep dish looks good

#5 ·
Can you show me a link or picture to what wheels you have. I would like to take a look see.

#4 ·
Wheel backspacing is more of a determinant of stress loads on the bearings than wheel width. Most of the time if you aren't at one end of the extreme or the other you will be fine. On my jeeps with much weaker axles I run wider rims with crazy backspacing and beat the crap out of them and have had no problems so I'm sure you will be ok.

#6 ·
Thanks guys, sounds like I should be ok driving and towing the boat and wheelers and what not. I will be off road but I'm not doing any major rock or hill climbing ect. so I should be alright huh.

#9 ·
I would try to stick as close as you can to factory backspacing and offset as you can. I dont personally like tires sticking out a lot, besides getting the sides of the truck dirty and throwing up all kinds of road crap in some states its ticket time.
Also dont forget that MOST aftermarket rims are not hubcentric theire lug centric which isnt as good as hubcentric rims. If they offer the option you may want to get the hubcentric rings. Youll enjoy the ride a lot more.
Rob

#10 ·
What's the difference between hub centric and lug centric?

#11 ·
Hub centric centers on the hub that ring that u see when you that off the rim it is alot better centering then lug centric that uses the lugs to center the rim.

#12 ·
Oh ok, thanks for the info. Got it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.