TW cHip installed last night - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2009, 04:25 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
TW cHip installed last night

This thing is the best. There are a few things I would do different but that is partiually why I am writing this. I would definitly buy Tony's tunes if I were you.

The tunes I bought are...

1. High Idle: THis is great. It is nice to control when the high idle starts and stops. It speeds up warm up time by about 300%.

2. Daily: I'm not happy with daily. It is a pig out of the hole. No low end throttle response. Almost like a delay. If you drive it slow it shifts too hard and it always tries to grab a higher gear. It does have a bit more snot than stock with your foot in it but stock is better IMO. I would definitly get a stock position on your chip.

3. Street: This is a HOT tune. I can't drive in it becasue it just has too much power for around town but you could spank nearly anything out there on the street with this tune. I think this would be a the hottest tune some people would need. This will eaily destroy a set of 12.5" wide tires with ease.

4. Heavy Tow: This is a really nice tune. It is powerfull, smooth and the tranny setings are great. Very smooth. I may start driving daily in this setting.

5. Extreme: Holy Sh*&. It is crazy and smokes. Very fast. IT gets right into third pretty quick and pulls like a freight train.

6. Smoke: A must. Fast and fun. Pull a hole shot in smoke and your hooked. THis is a tune you can't be without. Even in neutral it rols coal like nothing you can imagine. In gear under load it will throw a cloud of black smoke about 20 ft long x6'x6' Black. Plus it smokes the rear tires.

Thanks for the tunes Tony. I may be sending it back for a re-tune to get rideof the daily in leuw of something else like stock or light tow. ANyone wanting to turn their truck into a freak on a leash should buy this chip.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2009, 04:52 AM
I am that hot

Send a message via AIM to superxcrewfx4 Send a message via Yahoo to superxcrewfx4
I just ordered a reburn for my TW Chip to change some things, this kind of stuff takes a lot of fine tuning until it works out.
Old 04-09-2009, 04:55 AM

Congrats

I have got to disagree. I run daily 99% of the time and love it. Daily IMO is very drivable it is not as touchy as EX and not as sluggish as HT. Daily does shift hard but tolerable and will go thru the gears pretty good plain driving. I put my foot in daily it roles coal lights up the tires holds the gear and than barks second GONE BROTHER
Old 04-09-2009, 05:00 AM
I am that hot

Send a message via AIM to superxcrewfx4 Send a message via Yahoo to superxcrewfx4
My daily is ok to except the shifting, its pretty delayed and feels like its not crisp, you can feel the transition, however the power and smoke are there, almost awesome imo.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:24 AM

See my problem with daily shifting is when your foot is not in it. Either way I haven't felt any delay in the shifting. The low end delay or lack of throttle response is weird. If your foot is more in it the daily is pretty nice.
Old 04-09-2009, 05:50 AM
Ole White

Congrats man
Old 04-09-2009, 06:06 AM

I also drive in my daily 99% of the time. I was most disappointed with street, it seems like it is barely more than daily and a huge gap below extreme.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:24 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Well i'll have some opinions soon I sent my chip of yesterday to get burned with couple tunes. I went with uhh Stock, Heavy tow, Daily, Street, Extreme, Smoke.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:52 AM
I am that hot

How did you send your chip, I paid for 2nd day air return, did you send it to the address on his site?
Old 04-09-2009, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GM Duraturd View Post
I also drive in my daily 99% of the time. I was most disappointed with street, it seems like it is barely more than daily and a huge gap below extreme.
See that is strange. Street on mine is very hot. Night and day from daily.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.