need some advice on programmers/tuners etc for a 99-03 stroker - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 11:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
need some advice on programmers/tuners etc for a 99-03 stroker

hey guys i got a buddy who has a 2nd gen stroker and wants some advice on what programmer or tuning device he should put to it or any other mods that arent to pricey he could do, hes not looking to pull sleds with this thing, he does use it and is a daily driver, but we got a couple friends that fart around in 02 dodges with edge juice w/attitude modules and im sure he would like to keep up with em. if any of you guys could suggest me some items to have him look into i would appreciate it. thanks alot guys
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2009, 03:07 PM
Powerstroke Junkie

A DD that is also going to pull sleds ain't going to be a DD long, without putting some $$ into it. DP and TW are the best tuners for these trucks, both offer chips and programmers to fit your needs. But before you add more ponies you need to do the supporting mods. He needs a better flowing intake and exhaust. He doesn't need a full 4" system, simply replacing the factory muffler with a BTM will be fine, after that he needs to support the auto trans with a good VB, and of course the first thing he needs is gauges. For sleds I would be looking at some ladder bars as well. See what others are using that are pulling. You don't just add more ponies to a stock truck!!!

NCH
Old 04-08-2009, 03:43 PM
Banned

i think he said hes not gonna pull sleds with it?
Old 04-08-2009, 11:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
A DD that is also going to pull sleds ain't going to be a DD long, without putting some $$ into it. DP and TW are the best tuners for these trucks, both offer chips and programmers to fit your needs. But before you add more ponies you need to do the supporting mods. He needs a better flowing intake and exhaust. He doesn't need a full 4" system, simply replacing the factory muffler with a BTM will be fine, after that he needs to support the auto trans with a good VB, and of course the first thing he needs is gauges. For sleds I would be looking at some ladder bars as well. See what others are using that are pulling. You don't just add more ponies to a stock truck!!!

NCH
wow man you should have read my post a little closer i simply said hes NOT going to pull a sled with this truck, he has exhaust done already and he has a manual tranny, i dont own a 7.3 so i dont look into doing mods for them, he called me the other night wanting to know what programmer he should run with and i wasnt sure so i asked here. i work as a diesel tech for cummins central power, im pretty sure that i am fully aware that you dont just add ponies to a stock truck...
Old 04-08-2009, 11:56 PM

I would say get a custom chip, DP or TW are good options, with a manual, go till the clutch gives and then look at upgrading that. Since he has exhaust, look at some type of intake even the DIY, and a boost fooler. I can keep up with any cummins even a common rail with a Edge, intake and exhaust. The big factor is gonna be his manual trans. It's harder to launch good with em.
Old 04-09-2009, 02:33 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazard View Post
wow man you should have read my post a little closer i simply said hes NOT going to pull a sled with this truck, he has exhaust done already and he has a manual tranny, i dont own a 7.3 so i dont look into doing mods for them, he called me the other night wanting to know what programmer he should run with and i wasnt sure so i asked here. i work as a diesel tech for cummins central power, im pretty sure that i am fully aware that you dont just add ponies to a stock truck...
So shoot me for mis reading your post, doesn't change my reply, the same recommendations still apply. Plus you didn't mention he had a straight gear or exhaust!!! So he still needs a better intake, possibly a muffler depending on exhaust, and gauges all before he adds more ponies!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.