WW/BD WASTE GATE INSTALL - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2009, 06:46 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
WW/BD WASTE GATE INSTALL

Ok guys getting ready to install the ww and bds waste gate at the same time. My questions are 1. Been watching the video on u tube where he does it on the truck is that the best way. Do not want to pull turbo. 2. Will that nut come loose that holds the wheel on by hitting it with a air gun. 3. Anything special with waste gate to install its got to come off with outer turbo housing to do ww. or just follow direction on the waste gate for adjustment. 4. Do i leave red line off still or plug it back in since this waste gate is better than stock now. I want to do this i have 6 chip have bad turbo surge and bleeding boost thanks for the help andy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-07-2009, 06:55 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

I would strongly suggest pulling the turbo to do it. While your there replace the o-rings on the pedestal and the the ebpv plunger. You CAN do it on the truck but it's amazing what you could find when the turbo is off.

Do not use an Impact on the compressor wheel unless you want to replace the shaft!
Old 04-07-2009, 07:45 AM

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Send a message via AIM to no-tel-in
just pull the turbo, it is much safer.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:13 AM

I broke a fin on the exhaust wheel by leaving the turbo in there. It is alot easier then you think. Hardest part of the whole deal is pulling the clamp on the up-pipes. Just spray the heck out of everything with penetrating oil the night before...
Old 04-07-2009, 09:40 AM
Premium Member

I changed mine in the truck,but recently I put a new turbo on and it took me less time to put the turbo on then it did to change the ww in the truck. I would say pull it.
Old 04-07-2009, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMMAS POWER STROKE View Post
Ok guys getting ready to install the ww and bds waste gate at the same time. My questions are 1. Been watching the video on u tube where he does it on the truck is that the best way. Do not want to pull turbo. 2. Will that nut come loose that holds the wheel on by hitting it with a air gun. 3. Anything special with waste gate to install its got to come off with outer turbo housing to do ww. or just follow direction on the waste gate for adjustment. 4. Do i leave red line off still or plug it back in since this waste gate is better than stock now. I want to do this i have 6 chip have bad turbo surge and bleeding boost thanks for the help andy
Definitely pull the turbo off. Just follow the directions for the waste gate adjustment, its really easy. I left my red line hooked up.

What mods besides the flip chip do you have done to your truck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.