Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

WW install problems *frustrated*

2K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  no-tel-in 
#1 ·
Ok, so you can refer to my earlier thread about this problem http://www.powerstroke.org/forum/99-03-7-3l-performance-parts/88571-ww-install-problems-help.html so I did as suggested and pulled the turbo again, and made sure that my o-rings were seated good and spent 30 minutes making sure the up pipes were fitted well and lined up with the housing. Well guess what it does the same damn thing. Please Help.

Btw I pulled my codes
0113 When I bought truck it didnt have this thing in the air box
0475 ??
0478 ?? Maybe something I did wrong??
0541 AIH delete
1211 because of TW chip

Thanks for the continued help (yes i am a little frustrated):doh:

#2 ·
did you make sure that the alignment hole/pin are together between the up-pipes and the turbo. You can clamp it together and not have it aligned properly.

Are you still leaking any oil? Did you clean off the top of the motor real well after you fixed the leak...

#3 ·
no, no more oil leaks, one of the o-rings was not seated well. And yes I looked at that little pin for a while, and tried a few different ways of fitting it, and i believe it is on there, but maybe not?

#4 ·
Did you mess with the wastegate at all??

#9 ·
The more I ponder it, I wonder if the wastegate has someting to do with it, I do not know how it works, when I took off the actuator I moved back and forth the lever that the rod attaches to, I think it is correct, but...

coulod someone shed some light on this wastegate deal?

#10 ·
There is a "c" clip on the back of the actuator rod where it connects...did you put that back on there?

#13 ·
Anybody???? I dont know what to do, and I really did not want to drop 1800 on the 38r now.

Please help!
:bump::bump::bump:

#14 ·
OK... now explain everything you got going on? Does the truck feel sluggish?

Boost numbers, before and after??
EGT's in what chip setting??

#15 ·
it is way sluggish, before, I would hit 27-28 lbs and defuel, now, it works to hit 15 lbs.
It smokes in every setting now, I cant take it off of daily, but even in daily you have to use a light foot because the egts will hit 1250 in no time, trying to accelerate quickly or pass someone.

It really sucks!

#16 ·
Do you have the map sensor hooked up?

Did you disturb the up-pipe collector (babies butt), maybe a one of the donuts got scrunched...

It sounds like a boost leak or a up-pipe leak. You can make a boost leak detector out of PVC to check for leaks. Get some PVC and cap it then drill and tap a air line fitting in the end. Then set the regulator on your air compressor and start filling it with air. Watch your boost gauge and listen for air leaks...

#17 ·
map is hooked up.

i dont know about the collector, is there a gasket there right behind the turbo at the babies butt?

or do you mean the donuts at the top of each up pipe??

thanks!

#18 ·
The donuts are in the collector where the up-pipes connect to. It is easy to crush those if you wiggle it around too much.

Yeah you are right there is no gasket between the turbo and the up-pipes.

Go through and check all your boots and connections... especially those two that go from the Ypipe into the plenums. sometimes those two can leak.... They may look just fine...but grab them and make sure they are all secure..

#19 ·
My turbo lost boost last Saturday. I tore the IC tubes off to replace the boots and as I removed the cold side tube, I noticed that damn clip had come off. And my wastegate was wide open:doh:. Check the simple things first, may be a simple fix. Hope you get it figured out soon.

#21 ·
You might want to do a search on those donuts. There is a chevy one that fits in there little better... Or you can change out the up-pipe to the bellowed style. But those are $$$ compared to a donut. But its got to be a boost leak or an up-pipe leak...

#22 ·
Your making about half the boost you were makeing. So maybe check and see if your intercooler boots and intake boots are tight in the valley. Make sure they haven't slipped past the clamp. What about the turbo does the shaft spin freely with little to no end play?

#25 ·
yes, i bought 2 of the carquest donuts f17250 and have everything apart. I am having to completely remove the up pipes, because I couldnt get the bolts out of the up pipe collector, they would not budge. so i removed them from the manifold and wiggled them out from the top. and thats when i stopped today, hopefully tomorrow after school i will get the remaining 2 bolts out of the collector, replace with new donuts, and reinstall everything, up pipes, collector, pedistal, turbo, spyder pipe, ic piping, etc...

And *hopefully* it solves my problem!
thanks and happy easter!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.