Got Tune? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2009, 10:01 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question Got Tune?

Just wondering after me and the guy I work with made some runs with our 2000 and 2001 PSDs. We have the same Summit 4"exhaust and Ive got a KNN with a filter wrap and hes just got an AFE filter. Both autos. This contest happened befor my DP F5 went in. For some reason I consistenly pull 1.5 to 2 Full truck lengths on his truck.
Could this truck have had a programmer in it when I bought it? How can I tell if its got a programmer loaded. If so I know you shouldnt stack tunes so should I be concerned about running the F5?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2009, 04:05 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

The f5 will simply over ride the programmer if there is one in there. It won't hurt anything. Without knowing for sure, there is no way for you to find out if your truck has a program downloaded.
Old 04-05-2009, 07:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jroller View Post
Just wondering after me and the guy I work with made some runs with our 2000 and 2001 PSDs. We have the same Summit 4"exhaust and Ive got a KNN with a filter wrap and hes just got an AFE filter. Both autos. This contest happened befor my DP F5 went in. For some reason I consistenly pull 1.5 to 2 Full truck lengths on his truck.
Could this truck have had a programmer in it when I bought it? How can I tell if its got a programmer loaded. If so I know you shouldnt stack tunes so should I be concerned about running the F5?
Ditch the K&N, they cause issues on our trucks. Do the DIY "tymar" for about 60 bucks
Old 04-05-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuglike View Post
The f5 will simply over ride the programmer if there is one in there. It won't hurt anything. Without knowing for sure, there is no way for you to find out if your truck has a program downloaded.
Thanks bro
Old 04-05-2009, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blowinsmoke7.3 View Post
Ditch the K&N, they cause issues on our trucks. Do the DIY "tymar" for about 60 bucks
Thanks for the advice but Ive got the external wrap on it so it filters even finer debris than a regular KNN. Plus its CARB legal and was already on the truck when I got it. Ive read all the stuff on here about KNN but Ive yet to expierence any reliability issues with turbos or MAF sensors with a KNN. Go figure? This is my 5th turbocharged vehicle and Ive run only KNN. As a matter of fact when I pulled the stock turbo in my Evolution VIII to replace it with a bigger one the the impeller blades look amazing, with no nicking or sandblasting after 60,000 miles. However if I, at any point, find that a KNN is adversly affecting my turbos it would be gone tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2009, 12:17 PM

its something with the drop in k&n filters not sealing right in the stock box on these trucks.(it might just be the stock box itself..) The full k&n replacement intake doesn't have that problem..
Old 04-05-2009, 12:32 PM

yeah the stock box doesnt seal well with any filter
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.