PHP FU2 - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-01-2009, 11:53 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PHP FU2

Has anyone tried the FU2 setup that PHP has? I was considering ordering it but not real sure about it yet. Also am I understanding it right that you are not really getting a "Custom" tuned chip but more less being able to pick through 18 different settings that are pre made to basically fit every truck? It is basically like any other off the shelf programmer that will have basic settings to choose from but not really be custom. Is this correct or am i just confused on what the reburn will be able to do.

I understand that you can reburn a different setting onto a chip for a needed hp setting on a long pull or something of that nature, but if you want a custom tune then it will still cost you the "$" charge to have it sent to you. I agree that it would be nice to have everything at your finger tips to be able to burn it fast and not have your truck down awaiting for PHP to burn it and send it back, I am just a little leery about the operation of this tuning process.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-02-2009, 12:46 AM
one day at a time

Give Bill or Corey a call at powerhungry for more information. The tunes they offer standard for the FU chip are custom tunes I believe.

I'll PM them and see if they'll pop in this thread too.

Last edited by shu873; 04-02-2009 at 12:59 AM.
Old 04-02-2009, 02:41 AM

thanks i will try them 2morrow
Old 04-02-2009, 06:06 AM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerstrokepribble View Post
Has anyone tried the FU2 setup that PHP has? I was considering ordering it but not real sure about it yet. Also am I understanding it right that you are not really getting a "Custom" tuned chip but more less being able to pick through 18 different settings that are pre made to basically fit every truck? It is basically like any other off the shelf programmer that will have basic settings to choose from but not really be custom. Is this correct or am i just confused on what the reburn will be able to do.

I understand that you can reburn a different setting onto a chip for a needed hp setting on a long pull or something of that nature, but if you want a custom tune then it will still cost you the "$" charge to have it sent to you. I agree that it would be nice to have everything at your finger tips to be able to burn it fast and not have your truck down awaiting for PHP to burn it and send it back, I am just a little leery about the operation of this tuning process.
I'll be happy to clarify some things.

You're kind of getting confused with the FU and the FU2, but no worries!

The F.U. chip is part of package that includes a blank 6-position TS chip and a burner (both are coded to us, so they're not interchangeable with other TS chips!). The customer will be able to access all 18 files that Bill has written for his truck. These are not "canned" tunes -- they are calibrations that have been written for a stock or lightly modified truck. The customer will be able to try every calibration we have for his truck and can change them on his chip as often as he wants! If the customer needs something tweaked because of something unique to his truck, there would only be an additional $5 or $10 charge per file for the customer. BTW, the software which allows the customer to access our server has been delayed 1-2 weeks due to Bill being out of town (for five days to help his mom)... and he's been out of town live tuning since last Friday; he will be back in the office on Monday!

The FU2 came about due to suggestions by potential customers who have trucks with heavy mods (and need true custom tuning). They really liked the idea of not having to ship their chips back to be "tweaked," which often happens when a tuner is trying to write calibrations for several different modifications. Each mod interacts with the others, and it may take a couple of times to get the calibrations just right. Unfortunately, what this usually means is that the customer incurs the shipping expenses, but the hardest part is the down time for the truck each time. The FU2 Flex Chip Package includes a custom tuned 6-position chip and a burner. If the original calibrations need to be tweaked at all, Bill can rewrite the files and e-mail them to the customer who can then download them and reburn his own chip! In addition, if that customer changes his mods, he would only need to pay a fraction of the cost of a new chip and new calibrations, and again... Bill could e-mail the new tunes to him!

The cost for these packages can be found in our vendor section on here or on our forum: Power Hungry Performance Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Please feel free to ask questions if I haven't covered something or if you'd like more information!
Old 04-02-2009, 07:11 PM

thanks i think i might try this out
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.