Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

HPOP

720 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Thuglike 
#1 ·
What is the easiest or best way to test the HPOP and see if its running as it should. I have 00 psd w/ manual trans. 6pos ts chip and a TN BB turbo truck runs good but doest accerlate like i think it should on the higher settings once you get to about 1/2 throttle

#2 ·
Could you explain how it should accelerate compared to how it does? ALso are those the only mods you have?

#3 ·
You may not be producing enough fuel to spool the turbo in the lower RPM range.

The only way i now of is to put it on a scanner.:thumb:

#4 ·
You don't need alot of fuel to spool a turbo. As a matter of fact the more fuel the worse in regards to turbo performance. Now that turbo you have is a turd no doubt and may be contributing to your situtation. You need to scan the truck to see your icp and duty cycle to get an idea of what's going on. You can either get Auto enginuity or a scan gauge from terminator engineering to see what's going on. I think you icp is falling off as you call for more pressure.

#6 ·
It's a drop in tn. Not much bigger than stock. AND If you put too much fuel to the turbo down low you'll have more lag than if you don't have enough. The fuel needs to come on with a nice progression...too much too soon...turbo lag. too little too soon turbo lag. Guys runnin big turbo's will pull fuel out of the bottom to help the turbo light. Too much will snuff it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.