Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Need help with Fuel Press. Sending Unit

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  tubular031 
#1 ·
Hey guys once more Im in need of some help. After looking all over town and not finding anyone to do it :doh: I have bought a 1/8 (T) and two hose fittings and fuel hose to cut into my fuel line and install the (T) with the sending unit. Before I go f-ing something up, what do you guys think?? I was planning on cutting it about a foot after the pump?? Please if you have any better ideas let me know before I cut. I've looked at the fitting on the engine and it doesnt match. Let me know how you have done it. Many thanks. :thumb:

#2 · (Edited)
Its really not the right place, there is a port on the back side of the fuel bowl, its a 04 o ring boss IIRC to 1/8" NPT. Then you can thread your sender into it.

ITP sells the fitting or you can get it at any fitting shop in your town...

7.3L Fuel Pressure Adapter

#4 ·
yup that is what I used. make sure that you have the right fitting with the o ring. its a straight thread (not tapered like a NPT), without the o ring it will leak and never seal

#3 ·
Thanks alot bud. I just wanted to ask before I went cutting into the line. Just what I was looking for. Thanks again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.