Choose your tuner carefully - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2014, 09:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Choose your tuner carefully

Doesn't it suck when you do your homework - spend lots of time researching the parts you want to buy and the people you want to buy them from - only to find out you still missed a key piece and now you're in limbo?

Yup, that's me now. My tuner has a great reputation, but family issues apparently are devouring his time. I send emails - but get no reply. I call - no answer. I leave voice mails - no answer. We're crossing into the 3 month range now and not a peep from him. I look like a jerk if I complain, but geez, how patient can I be? My truck runs fortunately, but not correctly. I feel bad for the guy, but scouring the boards I'm clearly not the only one who's dealt with this for the past 5 years. It's kept pretty quiet so it's easy to miss this little detail. Wish I'd known this from the beginning....and I think anyone who's looking for a tuner, or to buy parts from this particular business, should look closely at their options. Save yourself the frustration and aggravation and choose someone who's available when you need help. I can sympathize and empathize; I can be a little patient (3 months waiting is VERY patient in my book), but none of those makes my truck run. Beware and wary - choose carefully.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2014, 10:05 PM
Premium Member

If you mean Tony wildman I have had no issue contacting him.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to PSD POWER007
People can say what they want to about Jody at DP Tuner, but he ALWAYS gets back to me within 2 hours no matter what. And I've had nothing but GREAT experiences with him. So has my truck.
Old 07-19-2014, 07:59 AM

But that's old news , been known on the forums for quite awhile , and you went that route anyway after doing your research. Kinda is what it is and you chose to use him anyway right ? Send a pre-post marked package and get it back and move on , or wait it out.
Old 07-20-2014, 09:01 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagle1 View Post
But that's old news , been known on the forums for quite awhile , and you went that route anyway after doing your research. Kinda is what it is and you chose to use him anyway right ? Send a pre-post marked package and get it back and move on , or wait it out.
It is old news, but it's not widely known for new people and the full extent of how impactful it is certainly isn't known. The circumstances make it nearly taboo to talk about. Nobody wants to be "that guy".

I selected him because he had a stellar reputation and I imagined a guy who, if anything, would be even more customer-friendly because he needed the business, and I felt like I was helping him. In this I was terribly mistaken.

Thanks for understanding though....
Old 07-21-2014, 11:05 PM

Buy a Hydra and get tunes from whoever, whenever
Old 07-22-2014, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venom One View Post
It is old news, but it's not widely known for new people and the full extent of how impactful it is certainly isn't known. The circumstances make it nearly taboo to talk about. Nobody wants to be "that guy".

I selected him because he had a stellar reputation and I imagined a guy who, if anything, would be even more customer-friendly because he needed the business, and I felt like I was helping him. In this I was terribly mistaken.

Thanks for understanding though....
I completely understand and whether you can tell thru the keyboard or not am fully empathetic for your situation. Three months , no excuse for it , never had any work done by him. If I had I would expect the same customer / retail relationship as anywhere else or an upfront " hey , things are rough and I can't do it now / bad times , wait time might be 3-4 months or better ".
All I am saying is you said you did your Homework and though I've never used him , what I read about him says the same thing over and over again regarding work and communication lately and understandably so , so you kinda new it going in if you did your homework. I applaud you still wanting to send your chip that way knowing the possibility of this and your patience ( tolerance ) level supersedes mine by about 2 1/2 months. Lots of folks have tragedy in their lives and stories to tell about it , hopefully he'll pick himself up and join the game again , and I mean that in the most compassionate and understanding way possible.
Burn his phone up until the chip is burned and shipped or burn the phone up until you have a refund or just turn it over to your CC company if calls aren't being answered and returned. Three months allows anyone to be "that" guy in my book. Maybe if there were enough of those guys letting him know he will understand and shut down while mourning , or , get back in the seat again. There are quite a few others who can do the same job with pretty stellar results as well should you choose a different route.
GunnerB and c69ss396 like this.
Old 07-22-2014, 07:56 AM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Hell contact Cary at ct performance or Raul at stealth automotive, they both burn tony wildman tunes
Old 07-22-2014, 08:01 AM

I tried getting tunes from him, but never could get him to answer. So I went with MPT.....I do not regret it, their tunes are AWESOME!!!!
Old 07-22-2014, 05:06 PM
Winning DUHHH

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
Would not let that company tune a weedeater...

Would not trust them with a screwdriver...

Glad your happy, many many others are not.

Hmm I somehow missed this escapade...PM me what's up

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.