TS Chip Install -Edge Problem or Not? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 07:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Question TS Chip Install -Edge Problem or Not?

OK just got my new TS Performance chip and want to install this weekend. I currently have a Edge Evolution turner program installed and can't get the programmer to set my PCM back to stock. Keep getting a message " timed out waiting for key on". Do I have to get the PCM back to stock before I install the chip? Any ideas on getting the PCM back to stock setting with my Edge Programmer? Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2014, 07:47 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to PSD POWER007
The chip will over ride any programming on the PCM.
Old 07-04-2014, 08:06 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks glad to hear that. I am not sure what's wrong with my edge programmer but did a google search and other people have had the same code come back ( timed out waiting for key on ). Of course I had the key on when directed and tried it a dozen times or more with the same results. I am going to install this chip and never look back on this edge programmer again.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:14 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Sometimes disconnecting both batteries for 15 min will reset certain errors like that. Otherwise, as said, you should be fine.
Old 07-07-2014, 01:47 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjohnsonlta View Post
OK just got my new TS Performance chip and want to install this weekend. I currently have a Edge Evolution turner program installed and can't get the programmer to set my PCM back to stock. Keep getting a message " timed out waiting for key on". Do I have to get the PCM back to stock before I install the chip? Any ideas on getting the PCM back to stock setting with my Edge Programmer? Thanks
Before returning to stock I'd remove the chip. This could be why the edge won't perform this function. It's detecting a foreign device and won't proceed with returning it to stock. The Edge is trying to write the Stock program back to the PCM so this very well may be the case.
Old 07-08-2014, 07:04 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

update

Ok I went ahead and installed the chip without taking my PCM back to stock with my EDGE programmer. Truck started up but ran like crap. Tried driving in stock setting but seemed like it wasn't running on all cylinders. Didn't shift right either. I figured maybe didn't get terminals clean enough so cleaned again but had pretty much same results. I was a little worried cause I could see I had cleaned terminals down to copper and had read not to do this. I called TS tech line Mon. morn and they confirmed that the chip works off the stock computer setting and you have to clean the terminals to copper. Gave EDGE a call and SUPER HAPPY with their customer support. They are sending a unit to take my PCM back to the stock setting plus a new unit to replace my old programmer. I will be returning my old unit plus there stock setting unit all prepaid by EDGE. They said I would get their stuff in two days. So for now truck up and running with EDGE tune.
Old 07-24-2014, 06:16 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

That's good to hear. I also have a TS chip in my truck, and I cleaned the terminal so copper. Been like that for 10 years now, so hopefully that will put your mind at ease. You definitely want the ECM to be on it's stock setting (not programmed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.