Powerstruck Injector/Tunes Sale - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-01-2014, 04:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Powerstruck Injector/Tunes Sale

Just to let everyone know, I am having a 15% off sale through Sunday night on Powerstruck Performance injectors and tunes. Hydra is $375. If you want Powerstruck custom stock tunes with the Hydra its only and additional $25 for a set of 6 common files. Please forgive the mess on the website as it still has much work to do it, but I did add the applicable parts on sale on the home page.

Thanks,
Corey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-01-2014, 09:36 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
**Pre-edit: Hucorey is offering tunes designed for the injectors, by the injector builder. The Hydra supports anyone building their own tunes, and that is great for competition.

I propose that the following still stands as mostly valid so reviews/track tickets/dyno times can still be posted in support of the tuner

Edit over**

Hucorey, you know I like and value your opinion, so think of this post as a reasoning question.

Why should I go with a Powerstruck Performance injector and a Hydra tune when PHP has a long history with Full Force? Recently their website included Swamps, but again, not Powerstruck. This isn't to say anything against Powerstruck, nor for Full Force or Swamps. I'm just wondering why you think Powerstruck is a good alternative to what the tuner has on the shelf.

As a disclaimer I run PHP tunes on OEM injectors. I really like the tunes, but I have no personal opinion on any non-OEM injector. I am of the simple mindset of running the injector the tuner supports, no matter the injector or tuner. Just offering hucorey the position to support his support.

Last edited by Macon; 07-01-2014 at 09:50 PM.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:40 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Hydra is just the hardware. You would be running powerstruck injectors with powerstruck tuning. They should have the tuning dialed in for their own injectors. That's what I was gathering from the post.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:46 PM
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerrybizzle View Post
Hydra is just the hardware. You would be running powerstruck injectors with powerstruck tuning. They should have the tuning dialed in for their own injectors. That's what I was gathering from the post.
You are correct, and actually paying attention to what was written shows it.. Edit to precede.
Old 07-01-2014, 09:52 PM

scagle recently tried powerstruck tunes on his truck and liked them. he picked up a little more mileage over another tuner and he said the auto shift programming was great
Old 07-01-2014, 09:54 PM

I am also interested to see what he says as if I keep this truck a few more years I will at some point be in the market for injectors. I'm at 188000 now and still running pretty strong with my php tunes on original injectors.
Old 07-01-2014, 11:05 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macon View Post
**Pre-edit: Hucorey is offering tunes designed for the injectors, by the injector builder. The Hydra supports anyone building their own tunes, and that is great for competition.

I propose that the following still stands as mostly valid so reviews/track tickets/dyno times can still be posted in support of the tuner

Edit over**

Hucorey, you know I like and value your opinion, so think of this post as a reasoning question.

Why should I go with a Powerstruck Performance injector and a Hydra tune when PHP has a long history with Full Force? Recently their website included Swamps, but again, not Powerstruck. This isn't to say anything against Powerstruck, nor for Full Force or Swamps. I'm just wondering why you think Powerstruck is a good alternative to what the tuner has on the shelf.

As a disclaimer I run PHP tunes on OEM injectors. I really like the tunes, but I have no personal opinion on any non-OEM injector. I am of the simple mindset of running the injector the tuner supports, no matter the injector or tuner. Just offering hucorey the position to support his support.
I have ran many tunes on my truck, Swamps, Gearhead, PHP, Powerstruck and have been in quite a few more trucks with other tunes. Of all that I have ran so far, Powerstruck has the best balance of horsepower and safety limits IMO. I was quite impressed and that's why I asked to become a dealer for him. I personally like Gearhead too, especially Matts DD and tow tunes, but his HP tunes are too conservative to me. TW definitely has great HP tunes but can be a bit on the high side with EGTs when towing.

Right now, in the race truck that I co-sponsor, the truck is running Farmer injectors with Tony Wildman and Powerstruck tuning. The truck is crazy fast and there is some more yet to do. Each person has their own feel on what tunes they like and dislike. But customer service also has alot to do with helping "dial in" said tunes.

All major 7.3 tuners write files on the Hydra except NoLimit and DP as far as I know. This is where "dyno days" come into play if someone has injectors/mods that a particular tuner has not worked with specifically.

Tony Wildman will tune on any injector maker. Be it Swamps, FullForce, PIS, Farmer or Powerstruck injectors. Im sure other tuners feel the same. Powerstruck has a very strong 7.3 following on some of the other more performance based forums like PSA, competition diesel, and outlaw diesel. He has been around for some time, just not here.

A little more about Justin (Powerstruck), he also owns the local Ford Dealership in the town he lives. He's not just some fly-by-night tuner/injector builder like our infamous Sniper injector guy. For what its worth, the injectors Powerstruck builds are not in the high horsepower range. So, realistically, any tuner should not have any issues writing files for them.

schlutzer and LJT like this.
The Following User Says Thank You to hucorey For This Useful Post:
Macon (07-08-2014)
Old 07-01-2014, 11:45 PM
Premium Member

Hucorey is a good guy. I've bought a few things from him that will be showcased on my T4 build, namely his fuel lines and HPOP lines. I went with injectors bigger than Power-struck had on his website when I made the choice.

I also plan to run some power-struck tunes when I get all setup, I've research him and can't find any valid complaints, anywhere
Old 07-02-2014, 02:45 AM

Justin's tunes are very balanced. I've tried a lot of different tuners and justin definitely is in the top 2. I had 1 tuner that couldn't spool a turbo, and 1 tuner that couldn't get the truck to shift correctly and not bang the rev limiter every shift. Justin dialed in a pretty difficult setup pretty easily. After spending a good bit of time on the phone with him he definitely knows his stuff. I wouldn't be afraid to run his injectors in a truck either. Like corey said, justin doesn't build high hp competition injectors so any tuner should have no problem tuning his injectors, just like justin should have no problem dialing in someone else's injectors.

Last edited by dentexpowerstroke; 07-02-2014 at 02:49 AM.
Old 07-02-2014, 05:49 AM

Yup , truck has seen tuning by DI , No Limit , DP , Gearhead , and Powerstruck.
I am looking for overall driveability , MPG , smoke control or lack there of , etc... not just DYNO #'s as at the end of the day it's an 8,000 lb 7.3 truck and unfortunately not a racecar but I still love it just the same.
Justin was easy to work with and his tuning works well. My hwy mileage is up , my city is about 1/2 MPG lower than my GH tunes. My GH is smoking a bit more than I like on the hills under light throttle compared to Powerstruck so I find myself running the Powerstruck more and more. In my top tunes I am banging the rev limiter on occasion and have no one to blame for it but myself as I have not even tried to get it corrected with him as I don't run around in the top two positions much. I would be curious to know more about the injectors he sells as I plan on stepping up to bigger ones in the near future.
I had an old sniper chip that no one wanted to burn or buy and Justin contacted me about buying it. He also offered to throw some tunes on it and at the same time I happened to contact sniper to see who could reburn the chip , they recommended Powerstruck to me.
He told me to try the tunes , if I didn't like them send the chip back and he'd refund the reburn and still buy the chip. Seemed pretty fair.
I am open to try whatever combination works , even if it might not come paired together off the shelf.

Last edited by scagle1; 07-02-2014 at 06:34 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to scagle1 For This Useful Post:
hucorey (07-03-2014)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.