ppe 6 positon chip from sinister diesel? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2014, 06:56 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
ppe 6 positon chip from sinister diesel?

so i am currently running the ts 6 position chip and im starting to hate it the first 6 months i had no problem but use my truck on the farm and some times the chip works great other times it doesn't communicate right away there is a lag when your taking off from a stop but if i unplug it a replug it in it will work fine for a day or so. so i have been looking online for a different chip and came across the ppe 6 position chip from sinster diesel. instead of plugging into the back of the computer it plugs into the port that you hook up a scan tool on so im thinking ill get a way better connections. I guess i am just wondering if it a good chip and whos running one.

or the edge juice? i like the safety features they have

Last edited by SUPERDUALLY350; 06-25-2014 at 07:09 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 07:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERDUALLY350 View Post
so i am currently running the ts 6 position chip and im starting to hate it the first 6 months i had no problem but use my truck on the farm and some times the chip works great other times it doesn't communicate right away there is a lag when your taking off from a stop but if i unplug it a replug it in it will work fine for a day or so. so i have been looking online for a different chip and came across the ppe 6 position chip from sinster diesel. instead of plugging into the back of the computer it plugs into the port that you hook up a scan tool on so im thinking ill get a way better connections. I guess i am just wondering if it a good chip and whos running one.
First i've heard of anything PPE on a powerstroke. Doesnt mean much tho......
I know PPE hardware is pretty nasty on the duramaxes but have not heard of anyone running it on ours. Buddy has on 08 bowtie and runs level 2 on his and its quick , he had level 3 for awhile and dropped it back down. One of the car shows on TV took a duramax motor , stuffed it into an old 65 impala ( i use the term old lightly ) , loaded PPE on it , filled it with Vegi oil and went to the track and blew the doors off some overpriced Lambo or some high dollar snazzy italian car of the sorts.
Anyway , subscribed as ive never heard of it on a Ford and am curious to boot if its the same PPE hardware.

Might wanna check into a reburn with a good company or possibility of retinning if the contacts are worn out. The tinning however doesn't really explain why it works for a few days and then quits again.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:27 PM
DERAIL MOD!!!

Feedback Score: 4 reviews
Seems as though the PCM wasn't properly cleaned

The show is pimp my ride from about 6 years ago
Old 06-25-2014, 07:32 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagle1 View Post
First i've heard of anything PPE on a powerstroke. Doesnt mean much tho......
I know PPE hardware is pretty nasty on the duramaxes but have not heard of anyone running it on ours. Buddy has on 08 bowtie and runs level 2 on his and its quick , he had level 3 for awhile and dropped it back down. One of the car shows on TV took a duramax motor , stuffed it into an old 65 impala ( i use the term old lightly ) , loaded PPE on it , filled it with Vegi oil and went to the track and blew the doors off some overpriced Lambo or some high dollar snazzy italian car of the sorts.
Anyway , subscribed as ive never heard of it on a Ford and am curious to boot if its the same PPE hardware.

Might wanna check into a reburn with a good company or possibility of retinning if the contacts are worn out. The tinning however doesn't really explain why it works for a few days and then quits again.
thats why i was asking because i havent seen it either and there is just no good way to secure it to the computer and if it moves a little it dosent wanna make contact and it just moves to much when im out in the fields so i wanna maybe get a programmer being they plug into either the wiring harness or the scan tool port.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:40 PM

I just use duct tape to hold my chip in. I think you need to check your connection at the PCM. Make sure it's clean and it's sanded down to the copper on the contacts.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:41 PM

Also pull the keys out of the ignition when messing with the chip or you will have to find a new PCM.
Old 06-25-2014, 07:42 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by 351fifty View Post
Seems as though the PCM wasn't properly cleaned

The show is pimp my ride from about 6 years ago
the pcm is cleaned properly. if it had not been cleaned properly it would have done this the last 8 months. im thinking because i use it in the fields it bounces around to much and has warn the connections out this is why i would rather have one that plugs into the scan tool plug or the harness.
Old 06-26-2014, 01:38 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Bouncing around should not effect the connection. My old TS chip was actually rather difficult to remove as the semi conductor tangs were quite tight.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Old 06-26-2014, 05:28 AM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hucorey View Post
Bouncing around should not effect the connection. My old TS chip was actually rather difficult to remove as the semi conductor tangs were quite tight.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
mines pretty easy to remove and can wiggle around easily
Old 06-26-2014, 06:06 AM

I have two chips I swap out regularly and run oilfield roads all the time without problems. I'd think if it was that loose you'd fry the PCM. Like already stated , did you tape it in good ? Mine is cut open so I don't have to remove the PCM to swap and lacking tape due to switching weekly , again without wiggle issue. Maybe you can try pinching the contacts on the chip back together some.

Pimp my ride , that may be it on the 65 Impala??? More of an Overhaulin' kinda guy , not much use for the Pimp , west coast customs, and the likes. Amost shocked that car came from the Pump show , did they bring in some real builders on that one ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.