Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Next Step?

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  mastertech79 
#1 ·
Ok, so I have done AIS, 4" exhaust, guages, Hydra, 6.0 cooler. I have yet to install due to time constraints lately-FRX and JW valve body. So far the truck is running great and the power increase has been night and day. BUT.... typical guy I want more! Suggestions? I was thinking billet wheel?

#2 ·
billet wheel from dieselsite or rifraff would help, also, delete the ebpv if you want better exhaust flow out your turbo, and delete the pedestal. You could buy a blank pedestal or gut it yourself, plenty of reads on here about that. Helps oil flow to turbo, and egt's lower. Also, rebuild the turbo while out and update the thrust bearing to a 360* design. Helps with longevity of the turbo. Or you could just drop the cake for a 38r turbo. Then injectors and such...... Oh yeah, do you have a boost fooler yet?

#3 ·
I would install the cooler ASAP

#4 ·
Definitely the billet wheel. And I wouldn't waste much time and get the VB installed too.

#5 ·
Yeah! I was hoping this weekend with tranny flush, kinda hard when you have two little ones ... tools walk away

#7 ·
JW valve body done! I was thinking about billet wheel,rebuild kit, pedestal with delete. Do I want an exhaust outlet also? Have to save up and want to do it right!

#8 · (Edited)
riffraff has a good price on a 1.0 housing, adapter, and non ebpv pedestal.

and i love my riffraff wheel.

#9 ·
I did the outlet also, cannot give you any real world experience yet, my trans is out right now, but price out the 38r just for giggles and compare, the 38r would give you more poop in the long run. But, if funds are not there, go with the list you have, its still a good setup. Blue99 is running the rif raf, and joel is running the van turbo and both love them. I will be running the 1.0 housing non waste-gated, blank pedestal, bigger outlet, and ww2 from dieselsite. I will let you guys know how I like it when I get it back on the road. Im doing a rebuild right now and its the converter that went out on me. I wanted a bts, but man 4500 is a lot right now. Happy 7.3 moddin!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.