Gearhead tunes? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Gearhead tunes?

Right now I have gearheads tunes (heavy tow, tow/economy, street muscle, street fury, all out, and high idle. But I want to change em up. Would like more than just slight adjustments, like maybe a whole new tune or two. Anybody got a list of all the tunes Matt has? I know his default tunes (the ones I got) but I know Matt will do custom files by request and wanted to know what all he'll do
Thanks guys!

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2014, 05:19 AM

He's got a 4500 RPM tune out now , but it's extra $ , probably need the aftermarket cluster to go with it as well. Jk / saw this on another thread yesterday where the guy was unhappy with his 4500 rpm shift points -

I'd just email them or call Larz , probably best way to accurately get the other tunes available. If you have a stock , tow , daily and hot , I don't know what else you really need. I just had my redone for the tranny and and I know he turned shift defuel off , not sure what else he touched on while redoing it but it sure had me smiling.
Old 04-03-2014, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagle1 View Post
He's got a 4500 RPM tune out now , but it's extra $ , probably need the aftermarket cluster to go with it as well. Jk / saw this on another thread yesterday where the guy was unhappy with his 4500 rpm shift points -

I'd just email them or call Larz , probably best way to accurately get the other tunes available. If you have a stock , tow , daily and hot , I don't know what else you really need. I just had my redone for the tranny and and I know he turned shift defuel off , not sure what else he touched on while redoing it but it sure had me smiling.
Yeah I don't know what other tunes I would want, but I'm just wanting some new to change it up a little. I gotta send it in anyway to get the high idle fixed so I thought while it was there I would see if I could a new tune or two or have em tweaked a little. I don't think there is much I can have tweaked tho since I still have the stock trans
Old 04-03-2014, 07:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scagle1 View Post

I don't know if I would be happy with that tune either. I would at least want a little motor work done before I would do that.
Old 04-03-2014, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ranger30 View Post
I don't know if I would be happy with that tune either. I would at least want a little motor work done before I would do that.
He doesn't make a 4500 RPM tune , it was a joke from another thread. Hence the J/k after it and recommending a different cluster that goes up to 4500 rpm
Old 04-03-2014, 07:59 AM

Damnit....I never was any good at picking up those jokes
Old 04-03-2014, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 03ranger30 View Post
Damnit....I never was any good at picking up those jokes
I hear ya , i doubt very many on here will ever see 4500 rpm's reliably in their truck , i belive that entails a WHOLE different mod list
Old 04-04-2014, 10:06 AM

Just waiting on a call back from Larz. I'll let you know what he says

Old 04-04-2014, 10:57 AM

I don't think Larz is in on Fridays , or I thought it said the office was M-Thur now, might wanna try email. Matt is good about responding although it might be later in the night
Old 04-04-2014, 11:03 AM

Well **** lol. I called cuz I sent em an email last week sometime and never got a response back

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.