Factory boost numbers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 03:21 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Factory boost numbers

Have a boost question, and for some reason, the site is not currently letting me search the forum for an answer. So if this is redundant, I apologize.

I have a 2002 ccsb, zf-6, 4x4, banks intake, mbrp 4"exhaust, factory injectors and turbo, canned ts-6, 235,000 miles. According to my torque app, I never produce over 14.9 psi boost, even WOT at the +100hp setting. I'm guessing that I either have a leak somewhere, or since this thing was bone stock when I bought it, there is an adjustment somewhere that I know nothing of, which will jump my numbers. Is the factory wastegate limited to 15 psi, and can I adjust it? I have seen other members with similar upgrades claim to get over 20 psi.

Any and all help is appreciated, but please understand that I cannot afford any more upgrades at this time and have to rely solely on tuning what I have at this point. I'm not upset with the performance I am getting, just want to peak what I have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2014, 03:43 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 3 reviews
My '02 made 22lbs Stock, 27lbs once chipped (80DD) and I have never touched the wastegate controls.

Somethings wrong...
Old 03-27-2014, 05:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to PSD POWER007
Adjust the wastegate rod so that it takes about 25psi of regulated air to open it. My truck wouldn't make more than about 17psi until I adjusted mine. Check all of your intercooler boots to make sure they are tight. Especially the valley boots. Those get over looked.
Old 03-27-2014, 06:12 PM

Mine makes 28. Need to check if I have the wastegate connected or not.

belzfone
Old 03-27-2014, 06:53 PM

Check for massive up-pipe leaks too.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:48 AM

I made around 17 stock, 22 in the 75 horse setting. About the same in every other tune as well. I think that's what the wastegate is set at, because if I unplug it, it will make over 25.
Old 03-28-2014, 07:58 AM

I can get up to 27-28lbs max, that's in 100+ DP tunes and wastegate unhooked. You've definitely got an issue somewhere, unless the torque app isn't that accurate? I've never used it, maybe someone who has can report what their readings are on it.
Old 03-28-2014, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blkdrgn42 View Post
Have a boost question, and for some reason, the site is not currently letting me search the forum for an answer. So if this is redundant, I apologize.

I have a 2002 ccsb, zf-6, 4x4, banks intake, mbrp 4"exhaust, factory injectors and turbo, canned ts-6, 235,000 miles. According to my torque app, I never produce over 14.9 psi boost, even WOT at the +100hp setting. I'm guessing that I either have a leak somewhere, or since this thing was bone stock when I bought it, there is an adjustment somewhere that I know nothing of, which will jump my numbers. Is the factory wastegate limited to 15 psi, and can I adjust it? I have seen other members with similar upgrades claim to get over 20 psi.

Any and all help is appreciated, but please understand that I cannot afford any more upgrades at this time and have to rely solely on tuning what I have at this point. I'm not upset with the performance I am getting, just want to peak what I have.
You should not trust that reading>>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter@DP-Tuner View Post
Most tuners will manipulate what the PCM sees in order to get the fueling they are looking for. Hence the term "tuning". Your Torque app can only read what the PCM is seeing. It helps once you start running tunes, to find another source for reading boost besides the PCM.
The Following User Says Thank You to RPM Tim For This Useful Post:
Redstroke188 (03-29-2014)
Old 03-28-2014, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIMBLEWAMBIE View Post
I can get up to 27-28lbs max, that's in 100+ DP tunes and wastegate unhooked. You've definitely got an issue somewhere, unless the torque app isn't that accurate? I've never used it, maybe someone who has can report what their readings are on it.
Dude, your truck is freakin rad.
I really like how you kept the 7.3 bumper and lights too. Looks very classy
Old 03-28-2014, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joel View Post
Dude, your truck is freakin rad.
I really like how you kept the 7.3 bumper and lights too. Looks very classy
DITO. I like the full chrome grill from 05-07, but definitely not a fan of a plastic bumper cover If I ever facelift mine it will have that look! Of course my truck is black with grey, but damn that blacked out w/ a chrome front is SEXY!
DIMBLEWAMBIE likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.