Preditor Diablo Sport without Gauges? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2008, 09:31 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Preditor Diablo Sport without Gauges?

Love the site, been doing a ton of reading. Have a 2002 PSD and am looking to upgrade it. Got the tuner before i did alot of reading here and couldnt wait for gauges to install it. Have it set on 60hp setting currently. I ordered the filter for the DIY intake and the Walker BTM muffler and will be installing them when they come in. I am currently researching gauges and will be ordering them soon. Am i gonna get myself in trouble running the 60hp or 85hp tunes in my truck before i get these mods? The preditor manual says your ok as long as you dont run the 100hp+ tune. Let me know what you all think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2008, 08:01 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
You should be fine as long as you're not staying wide open throttle for long periods of time. And if you're towing, don't lug the motor down, keep the rpms up.

I would suggest getting gauges as soon as you can though.
Old 10-31-2008, 01:10 AM

I had the predator programmer before getting T Wildman's custom chip. The 100+ hp program will get the EGT's hot so stay away from that until you get gauges. Be careful with the 85 hp tune also, she'll get the EGT's up there on a truck with the stock air box and mufler. with the 40 hp tow and 60 hp program you should be good, just do as RockinJW suggested until you get the gauges in.
Old 10-31-2008, 04:35 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

yes last night i pushed it a little on the highway and the check engine light came on. I backed off and when i turned off the truck it went off and has not come back on since. Im gonna set it back to 60hp but its just soo much fun to drive right now
Old 10-31-2008, 07:34 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Check engine light would most likely be from either an Overboost code or a low icp code.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.