TW Tune Questions - Just got chip - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2008, 07:24 PM
I am that hot

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superxcrewfx4 Send a message via Yahoo to superxcrewfx4
TW Tune Questions - Just got chip

I emailed tony, but I figured I would also check here. My bulllydog was so generic the transmission shifted hard in all the settings.

I got stock, daily, economy, street, extreeme and high idle.

When I use daily the transmission shifting is almost not even noticeable until you get to 4th gear or the TC Locks up. If you floor it shifts a little hard and chirps the tires, I figured that it was prob susposed to do that.

When I use economy it slams through all the gears really fast, my guess is for highway use to get the best fuel economy.

I havent really tried the others, I just want to know if that is normal. The transmission seems fine in stock with both chips but it shifts hard and strange with both, stranger with the TW Chip.

The check engine light came on when I stomped on it on daily or street, I cant remember. It stayed on until I switched to economy. It would go on for stock and daily and off for all of the other positions. I hooked up a code reader and it had no codes pending or stuck in the computer. It shut off when I restarted it and hasnt come back on... The bully dog used to make it flash when I got on it, but never caused an issue.

The power is just amazing, the chip is just awesome, I just need to understand some things. The tranny was rebuilt with unknown parts at 155k and I have 204k on it now. I have had the fluid checked and it isnt burnt and its clean.

Please help me understand this, I am kind of a novice with performance crap.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2008, 07:36 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
the tranny might be the problem... if you dont know whats in it its hard to tune it...

the hard shifting could be because you might already have a shift kit or VB in it and tony tuned it for a stock trans... boosted up the line pressure to much....

all these things can be fixed.. just make sure you let him know whats its doing and it can be changed

-Raul
Old 10-21-2008, 07:40 PM
I am that hot

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superxcrewfx4 Send a message via Yahoo to superxcrewfx4
I have driven so many ambulances with the 7.3's and for some reason they all shift the same as my truck does in the stock setting. The shift from 1-2 is quick and then 3-4 makes a ton of power before going into overdrive. I figured mine was specific but apparently not. The guy I bought it from had no idea about the transmission and that he was told it was rebuilt from the guy before him.

I did email tony but I dont want to bother him, he has a life outside of this haha. Is it hard to check for an aftermarket vb????
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.