dp f5 chip questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2014, 11:51 PM
stormtroopered7.3

dp f5 chip questions

Ok so just got my truck and the only mods done are a 7 inch stack and an aftermarket remote start. I was looking into chips and tuners and im leaning toward the dp f-5 chip because I have seen alot of good reviews. Im sort of new to the diesel world so I was just wondering if i should do any other mods before I get the chip. I figure I would get better results from the chip if I upgrade the intake and the injectors but I dont have that kind of money right now so will I still get good results with everything else being stock or will I just be wasting my time? Also wondering if I will run into mechanical issues later on from running the chip on a stock truck?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2014, 08:19 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtroopered7.3 View Post
Ok so just got my truck and the only mods done are a 7 inch stack and an aftermarket remote start. I was looking into chips and tuners and im leaning toward the dp f-5 chip because I have seen alot of good reviews. Im sort of new to the diesel world so I was just wondering if i should do any other mods before I get the chip. I figure I would get better results from the chip if I upgrade the intake and the injectors but I dont have that kind of money right now so will I still get good results with everything else being stock or will I just be wasting my time? Also wondering if I will run into mechanical issues later on from running the chip on a stock truck?
You will want to do gauges to monitor EGT's. On a truck that is this old you will want to check the truck out prior to doing anything to it. Anything mechanically wrong will just be emphasized.
Old 02-05-2014, 05:39 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

I think it's worth it to go with the F6 so that you can easily have updated or additional tunes emailed to you.

Gauges are considered a must, but even more so if you can't afford intake and exhaust yet. The restrictions there will almost for sure result in high EGT's
Old 02-07-2014, 11:53 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormtroopered7.3 View Post

Check out the Hydra chip...

Power Hungry Performance Hydra Chip

Better chip, better tuning and cheaper... Not to mention anyone can send you tunes for a Hydra...

Do the math, to order a DP chip and "load it" your over $700+... You get the same thing with the Hydra for $375... and its better tuning, better options and you can run anyones tunes...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.