Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

did dorman fix their pipes

4K views 22 replies 15 participants last post by  gfaststroker 
#1 ·
So I know the early pipes had issues but I've been reading a lot about improved results.then I saw these on amazon part number 780-116

#4 ·
Just had some put on our 01 450 at work and when I brought him the pipes I informed the mechanic we use of the possibility of bolts to long, pipes to short but he said none of that was a problem.

#6 ·
Wish I had this info before I bought my IH pipes. I was mainly scared about the cracking that some have reported. I have no regrets...my pipes should out last my truck LOL.

#7 ·
Same here but also don't mind that I helped by purchasing from a smaller company rather than a huge company.

#8 ·
the people who had good luck,post up the part number you used.
I had the guy who built my up pipe for my Subaru and exhaust for my 335i take a look at my extra motor to mock up a up pipe setup. hes making a up pipe using Inconel tubing for use with a h2e platform turbo first then for the stock turbo. given the foot print of most after market turbos he can buy flanges for. ill post pics soon. he did a setup for my dads 6.0 that when installed was really sad because you couldn't see it.

#9 ·
#11 ·
if they fixed their issues thats great.

but i like buying american when i can.

even though my last uvch from international said made in china :dunno:

#12 ·
Did you notice any performance gains with the new up pipes? Mine are starting to leak but my thinking was I wanted to do a WW2 and bellowed up pipes at the same time

#13 ·
its not a performance part per say. although you will get a longer life out of them and when up pipes leak they kill your performance.

if your up pipes are leaking and you do new bellowed up pipes and ww2 at the same time you will be amazed.

#14 ·
I know the Dorman ones seem like a really good deal but I got a set of gently used IH ones from another member on the classifieds here for 185 shipped. He had a few sets, don't know if he still does. The dorman ones are probably fine seems like everybody's happy with them now but wanted to throw that out there as an option

#20 ·
Yes, and made in the USA

#21 ·
I would check out rock auto. I got my dorman pipes from there last summer and no problems. I also now pretty exclusively go to rock auto for my parts as they are really cheap.

#23 ·
At the risk of getting flamed. Scratching my head as to why people say leaking up pipes are such a killer for performance. Had both my up pipes leaking bad, sounded like a tea kettle, but it would pull 24 psi all day long. They did run about 100° warmer on my pyro. Power loss was not determined, but that is a largely stock truck with php tuned.

My dorman's are leak free, run cooler, but make worse mileage. Fit like a glove, but you have to run a tap down all the threaded holes in your cast piece. $200 to my door, wouldn't bother with international. Two year warranty on them, I can't complain.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.