Dp tuner questions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2014, 06:25 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Dp tuner questions

Ordering my DP Tuner (F5) next week and I had a few questions.... Since my truck is a 6 speed does this mean I have to get 80 econo and 80 tow? Because what I believe to be the differance between the two is the shifting of the tranny, thus since I am doing the shifting would I only be required to get a standard 80hp setting????...... I'm thinking of getting 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, and lope..... should I get more or less, are some basically the same? I already have a high idle setting, that's why i'm not going to get that setting..... As well give me answers about DP i've done my research I don't want people telling me to get PHP, TW, Beans, etc.

thanks in advance,

Mac
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2014, 06:46 AM
Premium Member

I would start a thread in DP Tuners page here as they are sponsor.
PowerStroke.org Supporting Vendors - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Old 01-24-2014, 08:52 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

There is nothing wrong with posting that question in this section.

It's a little bit silly in my opinion to get every horsepower setting increasing by only 20, they all sort of blend together and once the trill of switching tunes wears off you will only ever use one or two anyways. Kind of a waste of money
I would do
Stock - I'm surprised how often I use it
60hp -good for daily driver, still has plenty of pep and no smoke. I use this tune 90% of the time
120hp - that's about as good as it gets for power on stock injectors anyways
Lope - just because you want it, that's a good enough reason

I used to have the 80e and I didn't care for it. It was about as fast as the 120 and on a hot day it smoked too much for a daily driver tune.
But I love the 60e tune. If I could only have one tune, that would be it.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:01 AM

PHP and DP chip

I would read this thread before giving my hard earned money to a vendor...
Old 01-24-2014, 09:02 AM

I've not had a stock setting on a chip for 6-8 years now... Waste IMHO.
HVAC SuperTech likes this.
Old 01-24-2014, 09:08 AM

Send a message via AIM to PSD POWER007
Having had most all of those tunes, I'd go 80hp tow, 100 street and 120 race. I think the 140 is just a touch too much for the stock sticks and HPOP. Especially if you don't have a WW2.
My 100 street got better mileage than the 80 Econ on my truck.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNaughton View Post
Ordering my DP Tuner (F5) next week and I had a few questions.... Since my truck is a 6 speed does this mean I have to get 80 econo and 80 tow? Because what I believe to be the differance between the two is the shifting of the tranny, thus since I am doing the shifting would I only be required to get a standard 80hp setting????...... I'm thinking of getting 60, 80, 100, 120, 140, and lope..... should I get more or less, are some basically the same? I already have a high idle setting, that's why i'm not going to get that setting..... As well give me answers about DP i've done my research I don't want people telling me to get PHP, TW, Beans, etc.

thanks in advance,

Mac
Hi Mac,

With a manual truck, it is not 100% necessary to get Tow tunes and Daily tunes with the same HP rating. The major difference between them is shifting. However, there are other slight differences between them as well when it comes to fueling. It is really up to you if you want both.

Give me a call next week and I will get you setup with what you need. We can talk about your wants/needs and I will make recommendations based on that. I would be happy to help you out. My number is 828-221-0076 ext. 804.
Old 01-24-2014, 10:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacNaughton View Post

thanks in advance,

Mac

Mac,

I hope that you get the answers you are looking for. If you don't get everything answered here we'll be glad to help you figure out which tunes will work best for you.

As for comments in another thread, I do apologize up front for my actions. When you've taken all your going to from someone who has made it their mission to put our company down anytime we are posted about for over 5 yrs. I hope you understand and forgive me having to do that in public.

Let us know if you have any additional questions.

Diane
Old 01-24-2014, 07:04 PM

Location: Lowville, New York. Studying Mechanical Eng. @ Suny Canton
For a stock hpop and sticks, 140 will set your SES light since they cant keep up. You wont notice any real diffrance in power with tunes 20hp apart. "AND HERE WE GO AGAIN"
Old 01-25-2014, 12:49 PM
Premium Member

I fail to see how a problem with Joe leads to you having to spread bald faced lies about another tuning company.

And then you guys clam right up when said tuning company actually comes to stand up for themselves.

OP I do suggest you read that thread and decide if you want to buy a product from two fully grown adults that conduct themselves in that manor.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.