suspension set up question! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2014, 07:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
suspension set up question!

i have a 2001 f250, with 4 inch lift has stock leafs in the back with a block (how i bought it) Im just wondering what the better way to go is do i buy a set of traction bars and throw them on. Or do i buy a 4 inch BDS lift spring.

Witch one will work better its tunes a bit but im not gonna make it a pull truck just wanted a little extra power for hauling. Price wise there aint much of a differences between the two options. So i am just wondering the pros and cons if traction block and a lift spring, and i know the spring will ride a bit harder but would it be better than traction blocks?

Also do the make a air bag kit for lifted trucks or would i have to fab up my own bracket?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-23-2014, 07:52 PM

It's up to you really. Ride quality is better with stock leafs but you can feel the axle wrap off the line with blocks unless your real easy on it. When I had the 6" springs on the back of mine there was no axle wrap unless you really gagged it off the line with 12k behind it but they were sitting on the axle. When I had the 6" springs I could put a 3800 lb pallet of concrete in the bed without a problem and that was with it sitting behind the tool box. I've hauled right a 3k lbs in the bed with the stock springs I have now and it could easily do more....the stock springs do feel safer driving with weight on em even with the blocks. I don't know what tire size your trying to run but stick with the stock springs if you can.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:37 PM
Premium Member

If you want to stay with a 4" lift I suggest you buy this.

1999-2012 Ford F-250/350 Shackle Flip Kit

I run that in combination with 5" lift springs for a total of 6.5" of lift. I got rid of even the stock block, springs are right on the axle
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.