injectors?? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-09-2008, 12:10 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
injectors??

okaaay ive read some threads on different forums, but on a 99.5, stock hpop or maybe down the road the stage 1 stealth pump, a gtp38r turbo, which injectors for a dd, able to tow regularly, ive seen a lot of answers that say stage 2's, but from where? and singles or splits? ive heard several different single shot trucks with a harsh idle, is this just mostly with the upgraded nozzles?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-09-2008, 07:21 PM

I didn't notice much of an idle change with the singles (stg II). I towed with them and drove it everyday. Everything I've read is that stg I's don't make a huge difference
Old 10-09-2008, 07:40 PM
Ole White

I also have Stg II single shots and they are a little louder like the OBS Trucks but the power increase is great I got mine from Rosewood Diesel (DIY Injectors) Jim is on here you should give him a shout
Old 10-09-2008, 07:42 PM

yea, 2 people that i know with performance injectors, one with stage II's and one with stage III's with upgraded nozzles, and it idles like its got a huge cam, and i guess thats the upgraded nozzles doing that?
Old 10-10-2008, 03:44 AM

Marty, goes by 'Maintain', has my 230cc Hybrids (Single Shot) and a 38R and said he gets around 20 mpg highway, and that's with cranking out several near 12 sec 1/4 mile runs.
The top 7.3 PSD in the 2.6 class at Sheids this year ran a 38R and built his own 250cc Hyrbids.
I know guys with this same combo drive everyday, too, and love the combo.
In fact, I got a 38R and am collecting the parts to run this set-up on my OBS...

Stage-1 Singles will get you very little power increase.
Stage-2's will get you about 60 hp more.
Stage-3 Hybrids, well, with the right mods 150 more hp is not out of the question. But they can be tuned down, too, for work, towing, or economy.

Quote:
yea, 2 people that i know with performance injectors, one with stage II's and one with stage III's with upgraded nozzles, and it idles like its got a huge cam, and i guess thats the upgraded nozzles doing that?
Um, no, I'd say needs better programming. Should idle smooth. Unless it's a jacked up HP program.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:25 AM

Sounds like programming.

IMO, you can get more than 60hp out of 2's but it all goes back to supporting mods.
Old 10-10-2008, 05:27 AM

with stage 1 single you'd have around 350-360 hp
Old 10-11-2008, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZL JIM View Post
Stage-1 Singles will get you very little power increase.
Stage-2's will get you about 60 hp more.
Stage-3 Hybrids, well, with the right mods 150 more hp is not out of the question. But they can be tuned down, too, for work, towing, or economy.
So....going from AB 120-130cc's to a set of AA's that are worked for 160CC's wont result in a very noticeable power increase? I'd like to think that after buying stock AA's and paying $475 to have them modified Id get some definite power!
Old 10-12-2008, 03:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboostcreep View Post
So....going from AB 120-130cc's to a set of AA's that are worked for 160CC's wont result in a very noticeable power increase? I'd like to think that after buying stock AA's and paying $475 to have them modified Id get some definite power!
For any of the Super Duty Guys, swapping to Stage-1 Singles will get you very little power increase. The early '99 guys will see more increase than the late '99 - '03 guys, sure, becasue their injectors flow less to begin with. When I say very little, we're talking maybe 20 hp or so from AD's to AA's. Whereas the OBS trucks see about 70 hp jump with Stage-1's and a chip.

A 'Stage-1' is really meant to bring the OBS trucks up to the level of the Super Duty.
A better upgrade for the Super Duty is a Stage-2 nozzle upgrade, or Stage-2 Single Shot conversion...
Old 10-12-2008, 05:33 AM

so what does a set of Stage-2 nozzle upgrade, or Stage-2 Single Shot conversion cost?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.