Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

Where tach signal on 7.3L for meth kit?

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  ford_trck 
#1 ·
where on top of the motor do I find the tach signal? Pics?

#4 ·
Why do you need a Tach sig???

#5 ·
not sure, ive seen more boost signal meth kits, but i do remember seeing the one activated by rpm's instead of boost, prolly what hes got

#6 ·
1st for me too... never heard of that... usually it is either EGT's or boost controlled??

#7 ·
The kit I was looking at had a RPM activated switch available. I was going to use the controller for a nitrous kit. Boost is good for most but the RPM is a better indication of where to bring in any power adder. IMHO, boost is misleading, my truck can make 46psi of boost at 2000rpm and that is not the RPM level you want to bring in meth or N2O if you want to keep parts in the block. I would have to call my buddy Adam to see what the brand is because my feeble old mind can't remember but they are out there.

#8 ·
There is a huge differance between Nitrous and Water injection... I can have my water start spraying as soon as 1400 or so... I start a low pressure injector at 8 psi, and full on at 25. The third and forth come on at 25-28psi...

#9 ·
Everyone said they had not herd of such a controller. I confirmed there is one.

#11 ·
Again I have never seen a water injection kit that uses a RPM based controler. Not trying to run you down or anything.:thumb:

#10 · (Edited)
I can't seem to find the water/meth system on my own but I found another injectable controller with an RPM activated switch.

NXd SX2d Dual Stage Diesel Nitrous System

A solid state, fully digital, nitrous controller that will ramp two separate stages simultaneously, in either Time or RPM based mode. Lap Top programmability allows the end user to delay nitrous onset by Time or RPM and will allow nitrous cut-off based on Time or RPM. The unit is epoxy encapsulated for durability and longevity. This controller can withstand a 120 continuous amp load!

#12 ·
RPM signal tells the pump when it is ok to turn on...keeps you from injecting while at idle.

If RPM signal is reached then the controller looks at boost for the reference point on when to inject and how much.

#14 ·
I am beta testing it for Labonte on the way home from Illinois, he did not have one set up as a stage 3 setup yet and I will test it.

I also found a 17 gallon fuel cell to fit under my Excursion with a filler neck, should be interesting to see the results on the way home.

#17 ·
My car is being worked on at Modern-Muscle in Oswego, Il just South West of Chicago...they are building 2 other SEMA cars so they are super busy and an excellent shop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.