SOLD MY EDGE EVO: Know what? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 09:13 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
SOLD MY EDGE EVO: Know what?

Ok guys i know this is a frequent question, but what chip or tuner is the best? I know the answer is going to DP or a TW. I need something that will go best with my mods. I like power and also looking for something to help on mpgs. I wanna make sure i get the best.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 09:16 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
my vote is TW... but you already new that

what did you need to know about it?

i can suggest tunes but i need to know what you use your truck mostly for

-Raul
Old 10-05-2008, 09:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raul@Stealth Automotive View Post
my vote is TW... but you already new that

what did you need to know about it?

i can suggest tunes but i need to know what you use your truck mostly for

-Raul
I never really pull anything over 10k. Mostly campers, cars and four wheelers. I am one day going to get a gooseneck probably with a 14k tow rating. So what you suggest?
Old 10-05-2008, 09:34 PM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullfrog7286 View Post
I never really pull anything over 10k. Mostly campers, cars and four wheelers. I am one day going to get a gooseneck probably with a 14k tow rating. So what you suggest?
econo (for highway MPG)
daily (stop and go traffic)
tow (under 10klbs)
heavy tow (over 10klbs)
street (for fun)
for your last setting i would do extreme, smoke. or high idle

-Raul
Old 10-06-2008, 04:23 AM

how much smoke does extreme produce? Bc my tranny has been built it can handle the power.
Old 10-06-2008, 05:05 AM

Not to hijack your post or anything, but I have got the SCT Livewire with DJs tunes.. I use the tow tune everyday as I tow a 6,000.00 trailer a few days a week. I was just wondering though now that DJs is out of the game for a while, is there a big difference in power/performance from a djs tune to someone elses tune?? When I first got my tune I tried the street tune, but it made my truck act weird and didn't feel like very much power, my truck runs great on the tow tune, but I just wondered if there was another company that makes tunes that could be more fun on a tow tune?? Thanks guys...
Old 10-06-2008, 06:43 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

NOT ANOTHER "BEST" THREAD!!! Dude you've been around for a hundred replies you ought to know this! What works for some and he thinks is the "Best" is trash to another owner who uses his truck in a different way. For some the Edge is what works for them, others say Bullydog yet others will say........, get the picture. If all you have ever had was Edge, how will you know if brand X is better. You already know the two most popular tuners are Jody at DP and TW. When I did my research I was unable to find one person who had used both a generic tune and a tune from DP or TW and they actually liked the generic tune better. This should speak volumes to you!!! It did to me!! I am loyal to DP, but I have driven a truck with a TW tune and it performed well as well. You won't be sorry with either one. So call each one and speak to them or go to their websites, many times the decision comes down to which switch they like better!! But please no more "Best " threads, lol!! just pick'in at ya. Just make sure you have your supporting mods done first, gauges, intake, exhaust, support auto trans, for towing tunes they break down like this, 80 tow = less then 5K, 60 tow = 6-10K, and 40tow for over 10K. Good luck any more ? feel free to PM me.

NCH
Old 10-06-2008, 06:47 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmbrichie View Post
Not to hijack your post or anything, but I have got the SCT Livewire with DJs tunes.. I use the tow tune everyday as I tow a 6,000.00 trailer a few days a week. I was just wondering though now that DJs is out of the game for a while, is there a big difference in power/performance from a djs tune to someone elses tune?? When I first got my tune I tried the street tune, but it made my truck act weird and didn't feel like very much power, my truck runs great on the tow tune, but I just wondered if there was another company that makes tunes that could be more fun on a tow tune?? Thanks guys...
I can't speak for DJ's as I haven't driven his tunes, but I can tell you this. Jody's 60 tow is the tune I am most impressed with. The truck is completely different to drive in this tune and it totes my 9500lb TT like a dream. The generic tunes do little more than advance timing and increase FP, but DP's tunes address so many parameters it isn't even funny. I have pulled some knarly steep hills in the Blue Ridge toting my TT and I have never had to back out of my skinny pedal due to high EGT's. I love towing with my truck!! EGT control comes from proper air flow and good tunes, you have to have all of them to be able to have usable ponies!!

NCH
Old 10-06-2008, 06:51 AM
Ole White

I say DP-Tuner they just came out with the new F6 Tuner in which you can download new tunes from Jody right off the computer and into the chip just like the 6.0 and 6.4 guys do with the SCT's this way if you add more mods and need a new custom for that mod you don't have to send it in you just call and he'll email it
Old 10-06-2008, 07:54 AM

If you have the money,I would look into that F6 chip from DP tuner that just came outr and then you can just try before you buy with your tunes over the internet.I would think that that would work great for anyone who is not a 100% sure on what they really want.Since you sold your evo,are you gonna or did you already buy gauges?When I upgrade to some custom tunes some day,I plan on using the evo for gauges since I prefer the digital style.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.