Newbie Looking for help on what to do next. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-05-2008, 02:29 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Newbie Looking for help on what to do next.

Alright guys, im totally new to diesels, i know the basics and i mean basics so talk to me like im stupid.
Alright i have a 2000 F350, crew cab, 4x4 automatic. So far all i got is dp-tuner with 20tow,80tow,80eco,120hp,and 140hp. and guages. But ordering more as soon as i can fidgure out what to get. The truck is a daily driver and i do alot of towing, usually under 10k. I also have a lead foot and hate when hondas pass me. Id really like to be under 14sec quarter But im thinking maybe kinda hard with the weight of the truck.

Heres what im lookin at getting, prolly wont get me to my goal tho.

6637 mod
4in mbrp down pipe
muffler delete
John woods valve body

Anything else i can add to this thats kinda easy?

I dont want to order a whole exhaust yet because im debating on duals or stacks and cant decide.

Also i hear alot about of mods u can do yourself like the 6637, the bb shim. ect Do any of them REALLY gain hp/tq or lower egt?

Like i siad im new to diesel and im sure it shows
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 02:31 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
if your looking for great power just skip the DIY intake mod and get yourself a AFE stage 2 intake.... also why only a DP and muffler delete? get a full TB exhaust straight piped...
Old 10-05-2008, 02:36 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

you just need to take the muff. out of the truck and you can do alot of little modes but you should look into a dyi intake you will find alot of stuff you can do if you go to the top of the page and click forums and go down to 99-03 7.3L and go to performace mods. that will be the best bet but to get under 14s that going to need injectors turbo and suporting modes but posible on a everyday driver. this is the cheapest way.
Old 10-05-2008, 02:50 PM
Powerstroke Junkie

The 4" down pipe will cot you in low end torque, the restriction is the muffler, just replace it with a Walker BTM muffler and you will be fine with a good flowing intake. The DIY TYMAR you plan on is a good one. I like the FTVB valvebody but they all do about the same thing.
Other mods I would do is the CCV, Coolant filter PM me with any ?

NCH
Old 10-05-2008, 04:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

So should i stay away from 4in downpipe and get s 3in or just leave it stock? also what turbo and injectors would yall reccomend? id like to hit 13.5 in 1/4. im ordering alot of stuff this week and trying to buy the right stuff the first time.(although turbo and injectors will probably have to wait) Ive done alot of reading online infact to much and now im just lost. I was going to buy a afe stage 2 then a saw the other brand(i cant rember now) with the clear plexiglass top and cone filter, that everyone swears by, then other say 6637 is just as good.

Also I need help guys Stacks or mbrp duals?
Old 10-05-2008, 04:55 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Oh and what does the ccv do? i know its the crank case vent but how does that help?

Also whats the hype about the 6.0 intercooler
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.