anyone look into the phoenix 6ps chip by powerhungry performance? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2008, 06:25 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
anyone look into the phoenix 6ps chip by powerhungry performance?

I was just looking through there sight since I have'nt been there in a while and see they now offer a custom tuned 6 position chip for the 7.3's.They most of the same tunes the other guys do.I have been running his custom tunes on my 05 f150 for almost a year now and love them so I wonder what he could do for my 7.3.Supposedly, he was one of the original tuners for edge when they started out so he knows his 7.3's pretty well.

Powerhungryperformance

Last edited by Dave; 10-06-2008 at 12:25 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-05-2008, 08:47 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

MHO , Why would you take a chance on somebody else when there are folks like Jody and TW just a CC purchase away!!!

NCH
Old 10-05-2008, 08:48 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i agree.... if your already gonna be spending your hard earned cash... spend it on a tuner that is known to be great
Old 10-05-2008, 09:26 AM

...isn't Bill at Power Hungry somewhat knowledgeable in 7.3s? Didn't he help get Jody started in the tuning business? used to have the old Diesel Power chips...
Old 10-05-2008, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnunya View Post
...isn't Bill at Power Hungry somewhat knowledgeable in 7.3s? Didn't he help get Jody started in the tuning business? used to have the old Diesel Power chips...
Yep,Bill is one of the original tuners for the 7.3.He's not just someone guessing what he's doing.I feel he is as good as jody or tony wildman at tuning these trucks.He's been around awhile just not on his own.He started out at the old superchips back when they were 2 different companies and then went to work at edge and is now on his own for about a year or so.Last time I checked though,he wasn't offerring the chip yet for these,just the custom tuned evolutions so since he's doing chips now,I'm definently interested.
Old 10-05-2008, 03:23 PM

I just went to that link and read it and according to them,they were the original tuners for the 7.3 I have talked to Bill and his wife before about the tunes on my f150 and thats how I found out about his past with the 7.3's.They are a mom and pop kind of operation just like Jody and his wife.

Last edited by chappy; 10-05-2008 at 03:28 PM.
Old 10-06-2008, 11:40 AM
Banned

People that run his stuff are very happy!
Old 10-06-2008, 12:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
Yep,Bill is one of the original tuners for the 7.3.He's not just someone guessing what he's doing.I feel he is as good as jody or tony wildman at tuning these trucks.He's been around awhile just not on his own.He started out at the old superchips back when they were 2 different companies and then went to work at edge and is now on his own for about a year or so.Last time I checked though,he wasn't offerring the chip yet for these,just the custom tuned evolutions so since he's doing chips now,I'm definently interested.
Yep, Jody bought tuning software from Bill right before he headed off to Edge. A lot of people did. It's simular to Sniper, but not exactly. The getting started though was all Jody.

Diane
Old 12-03-2008, 04:39 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirnunya View Post
Yes, Jody was one of our customers, but there are two sides to every story, aren't there?

Last edited by Groovy Chick; 12-03-2008 at 08:06 AM.
Old 12-03-2008, 04:42 AM
Supporting Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by chappy View Post
I was just looking through there sight since I have'nt been there in a while and see they now offer a custom tuned 6 position chip for the 7.3's.They most of the same tunes the other guys do.I have been running his custom tunes on my 05 f150 for almost a year now and love them so I wonder what he could do for my 7.3.Supposedly, he was one of the original tuners for edge when they started out so he knows his 7.3's pretty well.

Powerhungryperformance
Hi Chappy! Bill sure was one of the originals -- as was Steve Cole! --way back in the 90s. If you'd like to know a bit more:

Bill Cohron's (Power Hungry Performance) Tuning History

Last edited by Marty; 12-03-2008 at 08:37 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.