Understanding on Programmers - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2008, 09:21 AM
I am that hot

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Send a message via AIM to superxcrewfx4 Send a message via Yahoo to superxcrewfx4
Cool Understanding on Programmers

Since I am new to the game I really need to understand this whole programmer thing. I know my truck has the bully dog 6 position chip, but I really dont understand how it works. I use the 2nd setting, which isnt the stock one. It has a lot more pickup and go than stock. I have used the other 2 settings on hills and I cant believe how much power comes out of it.

I am just wary of damaging things. I dont romp on it but I cant see what goes on inside the engine and transmission so how am I to know if it is going to be ok in the long run. All the fluids are good and the tranny fluid smells ok.

At some point I am going to get the right programmer, I believe it is the DP or SCT Tuner? The one that has all the custom tunes is the one I see that everyone has. I dont have gauges yet and that is my next expense.

What I guess I am hunting at is, will my truck go through transmissions and injectors if I use the programmer at other settings other than the one after stock.

Sorry I am not very educated at this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-03-2008, 09:28 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Send a message via AIM to SteveKran Send a message via Yahoo to SteveKran
Put some information about your truck in your signature. It will help us help you
Old 10-03-2008, 09:35 AM

GET GUAGES! Then once you have them you will be able to see what is going on and help to understand. Most all fuctions of your truck are controlled by the computer. There are fuel controls ,timing ,trans shift. Ther are more a goo d tuner such as the SCT will be able to set the peramaters to run more eficiantly thus making more power. I am no tech. But I am sure one will be by soon to futher you knolege.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:36 AM
I am that hot

Send a message via AIM to superxcrewfx4 Send a message via Yahoo to superxcrewfx4
OK, I did the signature.
Old 10-03-2008, 09:39 AM
I am that hot

Yea, I dont see the signature in there, anyway its a 1999.5 Powerstroke with the bully dog 6 position chip and 4 inch MBRP Exhaust from the Turbo Back.
Old 10-03-2008, 10:08 AM

Know that we see you are running a 7.3. We can direct you to Total Diesel performance or Stealth. Total Diesel performance is where you can find Tony Wildman. The brains be hind the TW chip. He is the actual tuner and would be happy to answer any ?s. And alot of people on here will vouch for him. From what I have read the SCT is a good product as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.