Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

PHP and DP chip

26K views 158 replies 28 participants last post by  schlutzer 
#1 ·
I just got the hydra from php. I had been running a dp prior to it. After I put the php in, I took a joy ride. First off the shifting sucks. Dp's were much firmer and timed better. On 140 extreme the php would accelerate slower then when it shifted it fell on its face. The dp would hold you back the whole time until you let off. The 80 eco on the dp chip is more enjoyable to drive with than 140 on the php!
What is wrong here? I heard many positive reviews on the php.

#135 ·
I'm right there with all of you, I know it's expensive, I'm pretty confident that I'll smoke a few motors, the best way to learn is to just get in there and see what small changes do. I would never learn on other peoples trucks. I work in the IT field and I have a lot of downtime at work so I'm very confident that I could use the hardware and software and the time to figure out what I'm doing.

I by no means want to start a company to build tunes for a lot of people, I have a full time job and a couple rental homes to deal with. There's 2 diesel shops local to me that friends work for, if I could get to the point that I write all the tunes for those 2 shops then that would be plenty for me. I really just want to fund my hobbie.

Your also right, this wasn't the place to ask these questions, but I had never seen DP and PHP together in a thread so I went for it, I'll start a new thread Monday but I really don't think I'll get the answers I want without the 2 of them showing the differences in there tuning styles.

#136 ·
Your also right, this wasn't the place to ask these questions, but I had never seen DP and PHP together in a thread so I went for it, I'll start a new thread Monday but I really don't think I'll get the answers I want without the 2 of them showing the differences in there tuning styles.
I think the best way for you to get the information is to buy their software and pay for a training session. That would truly be the most beneficial to your aspirations.

#143 · (Edited)
I'm happy you guys chimed in.. Hopefully you can clear up a question for me.

From Jody's comments about Joe running his files.. Is it safe to assume that Jody is the person writing the tuning for no limit now? Since you ( no limit ) are the closest connection between Jody and Joe.. Can you shed some light on this?

Also how is the testing coming with the hydra chip we sent up your way?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#145 ·
I'm happy you guys chimed in.. Hopefully you can clear up a question for me.

From Jody's comments about Joe running his files.. Is it safe to assume that Jody is the person writing the tuning for no limit now? Since you ( no limit ) are the closest connection between Jody and Joe.. Can you shed some light on this?

Also how is the testing coming with the hydra chip we sent up your way?

I would hope this is not the situation after everyone seen the debate in this thread.

#149 ·
Thank you for the response... not trying to hate on ya so please don't take me the wrong way. I've been thinking about getting a Hydra myself after seeing how easy it is to use and program (my brother just bought one). Only difference is that my truck has stock sticks so no way am I gonna use that many positions from one tuner. I'm very happy with Bill's tunes on my Phoenix but would try others as well if I could use the same platform with emailed tunes. It's all about convenience to me....I'm not gonna try other tunes if I got to pull the chip every time I want to change.

#155 ·
it is pretty pricey by the time you buy all the add ons for it (egt gauge and other stuff)

better off buying a ts 6 pos chip, then for monitoring either a edge cts monitor or autometer/isspro gauges

#156 ·
The infinity is pricey up front, but it's pretty cool for all the diagnostics it's capable of.
I'm pretty sure it can do most everything that AE software can do.
I have something like $1100 into gauges and monitoring and I don't have the ability to do what it or AE could do.
Plus I have $400-$500 in chip/tunes
What's the infinity with a few tunes would be something around $1200+ so their price isn't all that bad if you plan to keep the truck and don't already have any gauges

I won't be buying one, but I think it's a good product for those starting from scratch

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.