tuner help - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-10-2014, 01:28 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Angry tuner help

Hey guys, i have an issue. I just installed 125hp 230cc hybrids from Industrial, a BD triple disc TC, Terminator T-500 HPOP, and had short block Totally rebuilt and bored.30 over. I am running DP tuner infinity which had 60tow, 80econ, 100perf, and 120race tunes and had jody build me an 80hybrid everyday tune, just till i can get to Ga to have him live tune for me. Installed the 80Hybrid, absolutely ZERO throttle response! Went back to the 80econ, and 100perf tunes, have throttle but dumping a ton of smoke, overfueling. does anybody have any ideas? should i consider different tuner? Stick oit out with Jody? My ride has been down for * weeks now, after blowing a head, and now im over $10,000 into this getting extremely aggrevated! Any advice will be appreciated!

Last edited by jeffHstL7.3; 01-10-2014 at 07:42 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2014, 01:52 PM
Premium Member

I ran DP, and while I can't comment on live tuning I am MUCH happier with my tuning from PHP. I have their Hydra, and they are also located in GA
The Following User Says Thank You to schlutzer For This Useful Post:
jeffHstL7.3 (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 02:04 PM
Premium Member

PHP, I will look into that. What do they offer as far as tuner/programmer? Custom tunes? I have a ton of mods, more than mentioned previously, so do they also build their tunes?
Old 01-10-2014, 02:08 PM
Premium Member

Yup they can tune for anything DP can. They offer a few chips, the Hydra can take tunes from most other tuners so if you wanted to try out gearhead, TW, etc you can, or just stick with PHP's tunes.

DP was always smokey an high EGTs and that pedal sensitivity was absolutely horrible. But I always had good customer service
Old 01-10-2014, 02:39 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffHstL7.3 View Post
Hey guys, i have an issue. I just installed 125hp 230cc hybrids from Industrial, a BD triple disc TC, Terminator T-500 HPOP, and had short block Totally rebuilt and bored.30 over. I am running DP tuner infinity which had 60tow, 80econ, 100perf, and 120race tunes and had jody build me an 80hybrid everyday tune, just till i can get to Ga to have him live tune for me. Installed the 80Hybrid, absolutely ZERO throttle response! Went back to the 80econ, and 100perf tunes, have throttle but dumping a ton of smoke, overfueling. does anybody have any ideas? should i consider different tuner? Stick oit out with Jody? My ride has been down for * weeks now, after blowing a head, and now im over $10,000 into this getting extremely aggrevated! Any advice will be appreciated!
I believe Jody talked to your mechanic this afternoon?

According to what he told Jody once you get the right injectors the tuning will be correct.

The tuning is set for 238cc hybrids you have are not what you bought. Live tuning will tell you how off on the cc,s they are.

~Diane
jeffHstL7.3 likes this.

Last edited by SeeYa; 01-10-2014 at 02:51 PM.
Old 01-10-2014, 04:42 PM
Premium Member

Yes Diane you are correct. Jody did speak with my mechanic today. And forgive me for getting frustrated earlier, I was not trying to say anything bad towards Jody. This build has been going on since a week before thanksgiving, and its been one thing after another! I am ready for it to end, with the results I expected in the beginning of course! Its been 8 weeks, I suppose another weekend will not kill me, huh?
Old 01-10-2014, 04:45 PM
Premium Member

And Yes, I do plan to get Live Tuning, Very Soon
Old 01-10-2014, 05:19 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffHstL7.3 View Post
Yes Diane you are correct. Jody did speak with my mechanic today. And forgive me for getting frustrated earlier, I was not trying to say anything bad towards Jody. This build has been going on since a week before thanksgiving, and its been one thing after another! I am ready for it to end, with the results I expected in the beginning of course! Its been 8 weeks, I suppose another weekend will not kill me, huh?
I'm sorry you are having to deal with the issues you are having. Hopefully it will all get ironed out soon.

Jody suggests starting with the injectors. He can't dial in your tuning over email without knowing what they are.

Diane
jeffHstL7.3 likes this.
The Following User Says Thank You to SeeYa For This Useful Post:
jeffHstL7.3 (01-10-2014)
Old 01-10-2014, 05:46 PM
Premium Member

Red face THANKS

Yes Im sure it will also! Have been talking with Dan(mech) and we are going to do this the right way, however it turns out. Will be getting flow charts monday, along with jody's new tune and try it. If it works, GREAT! if not, then these injectors will come out and will be ordering from Jody. Thanks again
Old 01-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

You or your mechanic don't know what injectors were put in?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.