Honey Badger Jr installed... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Like Tree1Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-07-2014, 01:36 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 6,091
Thanks: 29
Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Honey Badger Jr installed...

Been a few days, been busy as hell...

1800 miles on it since installed... What little smoke I had off idle is gone, ICP pressures remain the same, but the duty cycle is lower. I would expect with some tuning changes the ICP pressures could come up.

Seat of pants is about 20hp picked up with the chip on a mild econo tune.

Tony's tune I have is scary right now with the bottom end! LOL

No Limits tuning is spot on, needs some ICP added I think to feel the full effect.

Few pictures... Meant to get more but my phone died.









Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
  #2  
Old 01-07-2014, 04:46 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 307
Thanks: 1
Thanked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Will be picking one up soon enough. Very impressed with P.I.S. and NLTD.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #3  
Old 01-07-2014, 04:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Nice looking little pump....hope you got that initial offering special price. I would never pay the $799 they are retailing at now - T500 or even Adrenaline seem to be much better values.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #4  
Old 01-07-2014, 05:21 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 6,091
Thanks: 29
Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borncountryboy View Post
Nice looking little pump....hope you got that initial offering special price. I would never pay the $799 they are retailing at now - T500 or even Adrenaline seem to be much better values.
You have said that before...

The AD will not supply what this does, not even close.

The T500 has supply issues, it does not offer the same level of mods and is not upgradable later.

This pump is the best value on the market for what you get...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #5  
Old 01-07-2014, 05:45 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Princeton, NJ
Posts: 391
Thanks: 1
Thanked 13 Times in 11 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
The addition of the spirolox snap rings and the ultra high temp viton o-rings compelled the price increase.
There was always going to be an increase after the kickoff period ended. With the addition of the 2 above mentioned components we feel we have a real winner, as tough and reliable as we can build. Plus the real innovation is you can upgrade your current pump. No need to buy an all new unit. Send it in, we upgrade you and send it back.

No core needed, no core charge incurred. The Sr. will run any injector you throw at it.

Joe, if you need tweeks, call Jonathan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #6  
Old 01-07-2014, 06:28 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 6,091
Thanks: 29
Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuglike View Post
The addition of the spirolox snap rings and the ultra high temp viton o-rings compelled the price increase.
There was always going to be an increase after the kickoff period ended. With the addition of the 2 above mentioned components we feel we have a real winner, as tough and reliable as we can build. Plus the real innovation is you can upgrade your current pump. No need to buy an all new unit. Send it in, we upgrade you and send it back.

No core needed, no core charge incurred. The Sr. will run any injector you throw at it.

Joe, if you need tweeks, call Jonathan
I will call him about the tweaks, its not a big deal.

Also mention the billet HPO bolt cover... thats slick with the O ring (however I did use a few dabs of RVT to hold the oring in place).

Great Product, from a really great company!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #7  
Old 01-07-2014, 07:11 PM
Compression Ignition Addict
 

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Middle TN
Posts: 918
Thanks: 3
Thanked 9 Times in 8 Posts
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thuglike View Post
The addition of the spirolox snap rings and the ultra high temp viton o-rings compelled the price increase.
There was always going to be an increase after the kickoff period ended. With the addition of the 2 above mentioned components we feel we have a real winner, as tough and reliable as we can build. Plus the real innovation is you can upgrade your current pump. No need to buy an all new unit. Send it in, we upgrade you and send it back.

No core needed, no core charge incurred. The Sr. will run any injector you throw at it.

Joe, if you need tweeks, call Jonathan
Can you pm me a price on upgrading my pump?
Thanks
Daniel
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #8  
Old 01-08-2014, 04:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
You can claim that the HB Jr. is "Better" (maybe it is) but I've not published data to back that up....right now for what it's advertised to support it seems like a high priced T500/Adrenaline but without the proven track record of the T500/Adrenaline. Only positive thing I've heard about it is that it's upgradeable to the Sr., which isn't available yet.....I'm sure Terminator would claim the T500 would be upgradeable to the T1000....we all know how long we've be waiting on that one. I'm not sure what they will charge for the upgrade to the Sr. either....what if its another $500....I'd have to go with the SRP1.1 if I were considering spending the amount of coin being charged for the HB Jr...looks pretty though. Hope it proves to be reliable - maybe some day they'll do some testing to show that its worth hundreds more than T500/Adrenaline.
hucorey likes this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #9  
Old 01-08-2014, 05:14 PM
Member
 

Join Date: Dec 2013
Posts: 68
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Do my eyes deceive me, or is that a new casting on the HB? Cuz if that's a new casting, that's where some of the additional $$ comes from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
  #10  
Old 01-08-2014, 05:27 PM
Banned
 

Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Bend, Or
Posts: 6,091
Thanks: 29
Thanked 39 Times in 37 Posts
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borncountryboy View Post
You can claim that the HB Jr. is "Better" (maybe it is) but I've not published data to back that up....right now for what it's advertised to support it seems like a high priced T500/Adrenaline but without the proven track record of the T500/Adrenaline. Only positive thing I've heard about it is that it's upgradeable to the Sr., which isn't available yet.....I'm sure Terminator would claim the T500 would be upgradeable to the T1000....we all know how long we've be waiting on that one. I'm not sure what they will charge for the upgrade to the Sr. either....what if its another $500....I'd have to go with the SRP1.1 if I were considering spending the amount of coin being charged for the HB Jr...looks pretty though. Hope it proves to be reliable - maybe some day they'll do some testing to show that its worth hundreds more than T500/Adrenaline.
Your welcome to do what ever you like, however the SRP has had so many issues I would be afraid to run one at this point. I was a huge fan of it when it came out, but even the newest ones are having issues.

I cant have a pump go down on me, I drive 500-1000 miles a week. This is the main reason I have NOT gone to any larger capacity pump until now.

IMHO this pump blows away anything else for medium oil and with the SR upgrade will give anything on the market a run for its money!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 06:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1
Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

vB.Sponsors