Who has ordered... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-25-2008, 04:44 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Who has ordered...

the F6? This morning at about 7:00 am I put my order in. I'm so pumped I feel like a 5 y/o at Christmas. I won't be able to sleep until it shows up on the doorstep. Just when I had made my mind up to buy a DP Tuner, I heard the news about the F6 and decided to wait until they opened the flood gates.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2008, 05:50 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Post a report when you get it. I have had Jody's tunes for years and he keeps getting better.

NCH
Old 09-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

ordered my F6 yesterday should have it by 10-2-08.im exited to try out the downloads when the truck gets more mod's.
Old 09-25-2008, 08:12 PM

Just ordered mine too. Can't wait.
Old 10-01-2008, 03:32 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Got the chip in the mail yesterday. I seriously doubted that a chip would make that much of a difference, but Jody's tunes rock!

When I took the test drive last night, I started out in stock to let her warm up and to get a baseline feel for it. After the warmup, I switched to the 80 economy. WOW!!! I got so much power out of it, it almost scared me and it left a huge cloud of smoke. The 120 aggressive is noticeably better . This was definitely worth the investment for me.

I bought a new tank of gas last night before the chip (3.5 miles on the tank). While I'm not sure of the lie-o-meter's accuracy, it shows 21 mpg this morning in spite of a little dogging, 10 city miles for the test drive, and a 35 mile drive to work at 80mph. Previously I would get about 18mpg at 65 (17.5 on the lie-o-meter, and hand calculated 18). Most of my driving is highway miles with about 280 miles per week on the highway and 35 city miles over the weekends. I can't wait to hand calculate this tank!

Thanks Diane and Jody!!!
Old 10-01-2008, 06:11 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

You do know the read out is thrown off when you use a chip or programmer, don't you? You must fugure the miles by hand!! I also hope you have gauges, intake and exhaust mods, as well as supporting the auto trans!! I have the same tunes of Jody's with the addition of the 60 tow. While the power is impressive with the 120 race, there is nothing like pulling a huge load with one of these trucks!! The 60 tow totally changed the way my truck tows my TT. I love to go camping now!! Not that I ever disliked it, lol!!

NCH
Old 10-01-2008, 06:27 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I do have gauges, intake, exhaust, etc... and had the Banks Tow/Economy chip on the truck until last night, so yes I know about the faulty lie-o-meter. I thought I had my signature loaded here, but realized it was on a competitor's site. Thanks for reminding me...got 'er loaded now.

We're going camping twice in October, so I'm excited about towing too. Towing with the Banks chip was ok, but still sluggish at best. I have the 80 tow program and will tow our camper, GVWR = 8500 lbs. Should be fun.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:54 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Love my tunes from DP... Might upgrade to the F-6 at some point but we will see.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:17 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

Unless something has changed the 80 tow was recommended for under 6K, and the 60 tow is for 6-10K and the 40 tow for above 10K. Better watch the EGT;s if you are headed to the mountains!! I have actually towed in 80 eco cuz I forgot to change it and it did fine, although EGT's shgot up quicker on the hills!!

NCH
Old 10-02-2008, 05:10 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I towed my 5th wheel which weighs 9500# dry and it did fine in the 80 econo. I asked Jody first and he said to wath the EGT's, my EGT's were about 100 deg higher still no where near even 900. Awesome tunes. My dad has another brand in his truck and he says there is no comparison between our two trucks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.