Need tuner/chip for 2 trucks - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2014, 07:02 AM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Need tuner/chip for 2 trucks

I just purchased 2 trucks for my business from Alabama and brought them up to Ohio. The first truck is a 2001 F350 automatic with 115k that will be used as a daily driver/ work truck. This one will be used to pull a trailer with equipment on it once in awhile. The other truck is a 2001 F550 automatic with 160k that will be used strictly for work and will always be loaded. The truck will sit at abouth 13,000 pounds and will also pull a trailer on occasion. It will usually be driven by an employee who is responsible. I'm installing gauges (egt and trans temp) on the F350 but the F550 won't be getting any as he wouldn't know what to look for anyways. I installed a walker BTM and AIS intake on both trucks along with all the basic maintenance . I want to chip both trucks to open them up a little bit and probably won't do any other mods to them unless it's something simple that you guys recomend. After doing some research I figured the PHP Phoenix chip was the way to go for $275. It turns out they don't have them in stock and won't for a long time. They're trying to sell me the Hydro for $400 plus but that's a big hit for both trucks. I don't even think I want something adjustable for the f550 as it will always probably be in the same mode. They said they can reflash the PCM for $150 but I'm not sure how that will effect diagnostics if I ever have a problem with the truck. I like the ideal of turning the chip off if I ever have a problem. If they flash the PCM, I won't even be able to remove them. What do you guys think is best for me and the best bang for the buck? Any recomendations would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2014, 07:11 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

you've got all the basic mods done plus gauges which is great
as long as the dealer doesnt reflash your computer flashing the pcm is fine.

check out gearhead or no limit tuning, they are pretty decently priced.
Old 01-06-2014, 11:51 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Check out this guy...

POWER-STRUCK, osgood indiana, performance tuning

I've not used them, but have had many conversations with him over the years. Sounds like his chip is just want your looking for!
Old 01-16-2014, 07:38 PM

Look at dp tuner infinite, can run multiple trucks off of it. Pay money for each vin

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.