Well worth the wait..... - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 06:07 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Well worth the wait.....

Hello everyone got my TW in today and played a little bit not much though. I think it's tuned for the wrong pcm but it's doing great. I had to clean my contacts twice because I didn't take enough off the first time.

Now that I've said the good here's the bad

funny idle going from one program to another and not a lope, it's a "I'm going to die so hold and tight and be ready" kind of idle. All the positions will clear up without dying except for smoke. and are you suppose to be able to take off and shift in smoke? Because my smoke tun it takes 3" of pedal for it to do anything but once it does it feels like it's to the floor, then when I shift it doesn't idle back down.

Once again partially my fault for not checking my PCM (the form didn't ask but I told him early 99 and I'm guessing he assumed xle? It's really awa4 or aha4 I forget). And I'm guessing the dying is related to the TS chip not Tony.

I'm gonna call him tomorrow but it's to late now and figured maybe some you may know. Hell for all I know he changed the positioning of my tunes and the one that I think is smoke is really extreme? IDK

Like I said love my #5 pos. very smokey and very quick, I got my first SES light from the chip also! I believe it was ICP as I was in my top end when it came on.

Thanks,

Luke
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2008, 06:14 PM

I am not trying to rob your post, But I have a couple questions. My friend can get a TS chip pretty cheap. Can a guy send that to Tony and have him put the tunes on it? If so how much does he charge? Also does he do any tuning to help the tranny? Thanks Dusty
Old 09-18-2008, 06:25 PM

yes, 150, and yes
Old 09-19-2008, 03:40 AM
Powerstroke Junkie

You need to call Tony, I am surprised he didn't ask for your PCM code prior to accepting the order. He will take care of you.

NCH
Old 09-19-2008, 04:11 AM

He didnt ask for my pcm code either and my chip works great. Its only driven 10 miles with it, so we will see. Also if its extreme you will notice, the throttle is very touchy. It will not take 3" of pedal to move.
Old 09-19-2008, 06:13 AM

i never gave him my pcm code, it doesn't say to on his website
Old 09-19-2008, 03:01 PM

well that's the thing extreme is suppose to be 5 and smoke is 6 smoke feels way faster part of the time and part of the time it doesn't. also when I clutch it to shift on smoke I have to take my time or else the RPM's ramp up when I shift. The heavy tow feels stock to me ( I can't remember stock as I had a 5.6K, and the daily doesn't feel much further from stock other than a hint of smoke street is fun, and extreme and smoke both pump out the coal.

Another thing is getting on it, it won't break the tires loose it just MOVES. What is tony's number and what is to late to call him?
Old 09-20-2008, 09:30 PM

Ok I talked to tony today and he said that it sounds normal. He said the reason the truck will die periodically is the ICP and fuel differences in the tuning he can fix it, but I can live with it. He said smoke is going to be really touchy as it is all fuel down low.

Also on the computer code issue. It does NOT matter. The way I understand he bases all of his programming of two different codes PMT for autos and D--something for manuals. And that is why it doesn't say anything about computer codes on the form.
Old 09-20-2008, 09:43 PM
Bird is the Word

raul never asked me for any numbers on my pcm, and all works fine probably drove 45 miles today and through all settings
Old 09-21-2008, 06:39 AM

Yea Tony told me no biggie.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.