Q&A TW tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-16-2008, 04:43 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Q&A TW tunes

I am going to be getting a TW chip. I want to know what tunes you are running and some charcteristics of that tune or tunes and what you do with them. I dont want sugestions for me I want to know what you have and and how it works for you. shifting , throttle responce, highway driving, rollons, drag racing, sled pulling, And what ever else you can think of. I have read some threads on TW but not like this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2008, 07:30 AM

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
x2. I'm in the process of buying gauges and a tuner. I like the fact that tw comes with free reburns. I however like some stuff about dp. I am curious to see what tunes you guys are running from tony.
Old 09-16-2008, 07:34 AM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
i didnt feel like typing it again... ill just reference to your other post: TW options help
Old 09-16-2008, 07:38 AM
Thats Mr. Oil Leak.....

Send a message via AIM to MrJohnWayne Send a message via MSN to MrJohnWayne Send a message via Yahoo to MrJohnWayne
these are my settings

econo
tow
heavy tow
daily
race
hi idle

econo is just a bump over stock nothing spectacular and to be honest I have never driven in it for an extended period of time

tow - don't really use this one either

heavy tow - this is my daily setting. gets decent mileage and has good throttle response off the line and while driving. couldn't tell you about shifting cause I have a 6 speed

daily - this is the most fun, but my mileage goes to crap. awesome responce off the line and while driving. this tune will build boost insanely fast but will also build egt's just as fast.

race - this tune is amazing. will pull like there is no tomorrow. doesnt like my 6 speed cause when it wants to go it goes and my shifting lacks that of an auto but this is a great tune. almost instant boost but with that instant egt's you can not "cruise" in this tune. strip only

hi idle - self explanatory
Old 09-16-2008, 07:47 AM
a truck

I have

econo- good for gas mileage but nothing as far as performance just a little over stock

Tow- really dont use this but it will hold gears longer I have noticed

Extreme- Much faster than stock it holds gears longer and it pulls a lot harder at high speeds

Smoke- Well thats just for fun, just smokes a lot but it is still fast
Old 09-16-2008, 11:12 AM

Thanks guys and Raul I did not think any body under stood my other Thread. Thank you and keep em comeing.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:43 PM

Tow - ussually use this as my daily driver 1/2 the time and towing on the flats. Shift to OD set at 50 mph

Heavy Tow - Towing in the hills/grades, EGT's nice & low at full throttle towing a 10K 5th wheel at 70-75 mph- also excellent for slowing the rig down - automatically downshifts from OD to 3rd at 40 mph, & keeps the TC locked all the way down to 30 mph. No need for TC lockup mod! THe best damn tune I ever towed with through the Smokey Mountains and the Black Hills of South Dakota. IIRC When I passed Mount Rushmore, Teddy Roosevelt winked & George Washington smiled......was mooving too fast to catch Jefferson & Abe Lincoln's reaction, but I though I heard them say - That Tuner T Wildman is one fine American

daily - daily driver when I want the extra ooompf, shift to OD set at 50 mph

high Idle - Keeps the A/C cold during the summer while parked, and the engine warm during the winter - along with keeping the batteries nice & fully charged

Last edited by White Buffalo; 09-16-2008 at 02:57 PM.
Old 09-16-2008, 02:57 PM

Tow - ussually use this as my daily driver 1/2 the time and towing on the flats. Shift to OD set at 50 mph

Heavy Tow - Towing in the hills/grades, EGT's nice & low at full throttle towing a 10K 5th wheel at 70-75 mph- also excellent for slowing the rig down - automatically downshifts from OD to 3rd at 40 mph, & keeps the TC locked all the way down to 30 mph. No need for TC lockup mod! THe best damn tune I ever towed with through the Smokey Mountains and the Black Hills of South Dakota. IIRC When I passed Mount Rushmore, Teddy Roosevelt winked & George Washington smiled......was mooving too fast to catch Jefferson & Abe Lincoln's reaction, but I though I heard them say - That Tuner T Wildman is one fine American!

daily - daily driver when I want the extra ooompf, shift to OD set at 50 mph

high Idle - Keeps the A/C cold during the summer while parked, and the engine warm during the winter - along with keeping the batteries nice & fully charged
Old 09-16-2008, 04:08 PM
Other vehicle is an F250

I have :

Stock - 214 HP before chip, 221 HP after (Different dyno, both criticized for not operating them properly. My impression is they were both low.)

Economy - Like the others have said, just a little more powerful than Stock. Goes thru the gears faster. Has yet to give me any added fuel economy so I haven't used it much.

Daily - What I use the most. Real peppy, a little smoke and actually gives me better fuel economy than any other setting. 277 HP

Tow - I have pulled a 10,000 lb. load a couple of times and it did fine. Did not drive it far enough to really give it a good try.

Heavy Tow - The one I will drop when I get Tony to reburn my chip. I haven't had the opportunity to pull anything any heavier than 10,000 lbs. and probably won't. Tow and Heavy Tow don't seem to like an unloaded condition. I do not use them much on a daily basis. Heavy Tow feels less powerful compared to the others but I guess it just needs a load!

Street - FUN! I personally would not want anything any more powerful than this. I have noticed that I can easily push EGTs to 1400+! Smokes moderately. No heavy thick black smoke with my truck at least. Will light up my tires easily and squawk 'em in 2nd. I get an SES light often. Autoenginuity indicates that my HPOP just can't feed enough fuel to the injectors. 289 HP

Hope this helps. Have talked with Tony and when I learn enough about what the chip does, I'll be able to communicate with him and get it customized. I love my chip!
Old 09-17-2008, 05:56 AM

Thanks guys

White buffalow you said OD set to 50 mph is that standard or somthing you wanted?

Hank would a regulated returne help with youre CEL?.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.