Head light bulbs. - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-30-2013, 04:47 PM
Premium Member

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Head light bulbs.

I just installed led offroad lights....now my head lights look yellowish. Does anyone run after market bulbs that they really like? I don't want to change the head light assembly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2013, 05:43 PM

only way to change that is to switch to HID. No halogen bulb (worth a damn vision wise) will ever match the color output of most LED lighting (roughly 6000K) .
Old 12-01-2013, 10:58 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Like above said, get a set of 6000k HID's for your headlights. also get a set for your foglights if you have them as well.

Here's a picture of my truck that I took a couple weeks ago in front of the ford model T plant downtown. You can tell the white/blue color of the lights. The foglights match the headlights, i'm not sure why they look totally blue in the picture

My old '07 Ram with I believe 8000K in the headlights and fog lights. they were rather blue looking
Old 12-02-2013, 07:45 PM

Do they have to match? I like how mine contrast. Points out how awesome the light bar is
Attached Thumbnails
Head light bulbs.-dsc_1087.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 09:46 PM

looks better when they match
Old 12-02-2013, 11:48 PM
Banned

I've been thinking about getting a set of these
LED Headlights

they're about $100+- on ebay.
Old 12-03-2013, 01:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve604 View Post
I've been thinking about getting a set of these
LED Headlights

they're about $100+- on ebay.
I wonder how well those work (beam pattern wise) when compared to halogens or even HID in Stock housing. I've heard that simple LED bulb replacements in Stock headlight housings work horribly due to the LEDs needing pretty specifically designed reflectors/projectors to disperse the light properly since LEDs give off a directional beam of light as opposed to halogens and HIDs....
Old 12-03-2013, 05:12 PM
Christ Follower

Retro-Solutions makes a very nice set of HID for both fogs and head lights. Have a sale for Digital HID Conversion kits for $137. Normally $187. Super customer service and fast shipping.
Old 12-04-2013, 12:06 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 700hauler View Post
I wonder how well those work (beam pattern wise) when compared to halogens or even HID in Stock housing. I've heard that simple LED bulb replacements in Stock headlight housings work horribly due to the LEDs needing pretty specifically designed reflectors/projectors to disperse the light properly since LEDs give off a directional beam of light as opposed to halogens and HIDs....
I think that these particular ones are designed to work more like the halogens. there are cheaper versions that are a single beam light and aren't recommended to be used as headlights

here is a good comparison video
Old 12-04-2013, 01:40 AM
Premium Member

Don't put HID's in a housing that was not meant for them. They have FINALLY started cracking down in my area ( big fines) for that due to many accidents on tight back roads, I myself swiped a bridge barrier after being alone on backroads for half an hour then being blinded while cresting a hill... bunch of other times they had the blinded vehicle side swiping the one doing the blinding due to lack of vision lol.

There was also a pretty large amount of people smashing headlights, which is now why the cops has stepped it.

If you spend the money on PROPER HID projectors then cool...... and halogen projectors are not the same as HID projectors.

Otherwise just get some Silverstar ultra's or the zXe's... they are both awesome and won't blind the crap out of people coming the other way.

I've seen some of the new MACK garbage trucks with LED headlights they are neat.... bright but not blinding, and interesting to see the the rear view lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.