Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum banner

What to expect. Stg2 inj, 38r

8K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  Tow51Stang 
#1 ·
I just received my stage 2 p.i.s injectors and my 38r turbo!
You guys out their that have this setup or have had this setup, how excited should I be to drive when installed. Big difference over stock equipment and tuner?

#2 ·
What "stage 2" injector did you get?

160/30, 175/30, 175/100???

Why is it so hard for people to post there injector size?

You should be between 350-400hp depending on what ever size injector you recieved...

#4 ·
ARRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!

#5 ·
Sorry fellas, 175/80% (stage 2's)

#7 ·
Thats on the larger side of a "stage 2" injector.

Thats why it matters. Some take a 160/0 and put a 100% nozzle on it and call it a "stage 2" however it will max out HP wise at about 400...

A 175/80 or 175/100 will max out at about 430...

Might look at one of the new 38R compressor wheels from RiffRaff to give you a bit more air.

#6 ·
Haha! Can't wait for my 200/80 p.i.s's to arrive!!

#9 ·
i will post up what i think after its done

#11 ·
I would probably looking to unload the whole turbo. (Banks big head, banks quick spool housing and ww2). Made 34psi on my mech gauge!

#13 ·
I was hoping to hear from some guys who already did this, and get some feed back on what they thought and how much they liked or disliked this setup! But not to many people posted.

I will post up my thoughts

#14 ·
I've run that set up...

I've run AA's, AB's, AC's, 160/100, 175/80, 238/30, 238/80, 238/100, 250/200...

Every drop in combo you could imagine...

Your looking at a 400hp set up... Its not magic, just fuel and air...

#15 ·
I'm well aware of the absence of magic! And I knew I was gonna be in the 400-425 range. Just was hopeing to hear from guys who have had this combo and hear their pro/cons. Thanx!

#16 ·
why not just get a smaller hybrid injector?
like 200cc or 205cc with a smaller nozzle.

#18 ·
thats a huge number for stage 2's holy crap :crazy:

#24 ·
Hi Tim.
Nice to see you over here.

#25 ·
Well I got everything installed yesterday. It preformed great. Makes like 38-40 psi if my inter cooler boots stay on:doh:! But it has a few decel and idling issues that I was told will go away as I drive it more. A couple hundred miles to get all the kinks out but all and all it went well and the truck runs good

#27 ·
glad it went well, I just saw this (dont get on much) and as long as your not towing alot of weight it'll be a fun truck...and to the haters yes I know tuning will help that but I dont care who's tune you have with that much fuel and heavy towing (at least here in Colorado) egt's will be hard to keep in check.

Now where did I put that loto ticket.... Cause I'd like stage 1's and a 38R (or D66 as I'm a E99) with a WW2 and and and lol

#29 ·
Well, I really have not noticed higher egt's, about the same as stock turbo and injectors with a tune. But I have not towed with it yet.

#32 ·
The only thing I don't like is the weird deceleration, and the occasional erratic idle/slight surging. But I was told it was gonna act funny for a few hundred miles

#35 ·
Sorry to hear about your choice in tuners...

#36 ·
Who would u recommend? And why?
I'm relatively new to the diesel performance world.

#37 ·
Well your locked into DP now with there chip, so unless you think you can sell yours your screwed.

I would pick up a Power Hungry Performance Hydra chip, then load it with who ever's tunes you want.

Right now I have two No Limit tunes, three Gearhead tunes, two Power Hungry Performance tunes and one Wildman tune, plus a few from a friend...

Reactions: Tow51Stang
#38 ·
Don't want to argue, but what do you have against their tunes? I know that they had a problem with blowing motors a while ago, but I thought they fixed that. Also the fact that you can only put their tunes on it. I spoke to Diane a while ago and they seemed very nice and helpful.

#39 ·
I dont want to argue about it myself, because all they will do is trash talk anyone that doubts there powa...

Lets just say long history...

And there chips suck, you are more or less renting the chip from them, you cant use any other software with it.

#41 ·
Pm me. I would like to get to know the ins and outs and who's who of the diesel performance world

#43 ·
My truck hasn't cleared up its idleing issue or the weird decel issue. Wondering where to start looking for a problem?
Idle sometimes jumps around from like 600 which is low to like 850-900 when at a stop light
And on deceleration the rpms act funny bouncing around.
I have popped it in neutral and it continues to do it aswell as when I change tunes when it acts up. I tryed this just to see if it had any effect!
When I'm on the gas at all the truck performs as it should, cruise control is nice and steady rpms

I was told to drive it for a couple hundred miles to make sure all the air is out of the system and everything is seated and I have driven over 200 miles now?:dunno:

#44 ·
My truck had the same issue when I replaced my stock injectors with new stock ones... It took about 250 kms to finally clear up the jumpy idle.

#46 ·
Any reason why you haven't replaced the ICP sensor then?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.