New to the diesel world - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-28-2013, 08:43 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
New to the diesel world

What should I do to my truck. What mpg can I expect from a somewhat stock with just a edge evolution programmer, and S&B cold air intake. Also don't really know if the exhaust is stock or not need advise again I am new to the diesel world. My wife is picking up the truck right now and I am deployed to Afghanistan right now. What should I expect out of the truck when I get home in a few weeks. It's a 7.3l with 193,000+ miles. I am gonna run into problems soon or do I have a while. The truck was taken care of no rough driving done to it. Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator

Welcome to the ORG!!

Thanks for your service Robert!

MPG is going to depend a lot on how you drive it. Many times, when power is added, MPG goes down while the added power gets out of the driver's system. BTW, that may be never.
See my signature - I get about 11-13 around town, 14-15 mixed and 17-18 open highway unloaded. Mine is probably heavier than yours so you may get better.

If it's been taken care of, it can last you for a long time. I just rolled 200K and it's still going strong!
Old 10-28-2013, 08:58 AM

what exhaust should I get to make the sound awesome? and I am gonna save up for some upgrades. what should I get
Old 10-28-2013, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator

MBRP and Diamond Eye make 4" Turbo-back exhausts. Some guys run them straight piped. I run mine with the muffler in line, but the way it's oriented, I wonder sometimes how much muffling it's really doing. I like the sound.

I don't know if Georgia does emissions testing or not. You're truck may have a cat, it may not.

Here's a link to the Georgia members section. Georgia Members These guys might know more about that plus you can connect with guys that will be local to you.
Old 10-28-2013, 09:39 AM
CSP Resident Spooby

Ditch the Edge and get some custom tunes on a TS chip. Worlds better.

And I bought my truck with 193k on it as well, and now at 237k+, I've only had a few minor problems (none of them enough to ever leave me stranded). Take care of your truck, and she'll take care of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.