Edge juice w/ attitude question - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2013, 09:57 PM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Edge juice w/ attitude question

Just got this programmer and I'm kind of a newb with diesels but what do you guys have all of your alerts and back downs set at?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2013, 01:56 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

alert at 1250 egt, defuel at 1500 egt.

trans temp 220 degrees you better pull over so set the trans temp to like 210 as an alert.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:58 PM
Powerstroke.org Sponsor

Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Send a message via AIM to Raul@Stealth Automotive
im going to go a step further and tell you to not even install it on your truck... that unit is not good for your truck....
Old 10-28-2013, 02:34 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Take that tuner off...NOW!
Just type 'edge juice attitude' into the 6.0 search bar and read about the nighmares.
My truck had one on it when I bought it and it was throwing mutiple codes.
The way that tuner works is by interrupting signal transfer between control Modules. Very Very bad on all the electrical units in the truck most of all the TCM. If you still intend on keeping that POS keep it in he stock setting, that will at least help your transmission last a little longer.

An SCT unit reprograms your entire system. This is what you want.

Also, if you trans temp is getting anywhere near 210 you need to have it flushed and get a new external filter. Mine never gets above 165* empty even when I am romping on it and never above 180* with 10K behind me.

Trust me and every other person on this site. That programmer is the equivalent of pumping gasoline into your powerstroke. I threw mine in the dumpster once it was off. Too much love

BTW
Old 10-28-2013, 05:40 PM

different with 7.3's than 6.0's but its not the greatest tuner anyways.

with the stock cooler temps can get hot, 6.0's have a better cooler than the 7.3's so that doesnt apply. that is why everyone puts a 6.0 trans cooler on 7.3's

ts style chip with custom tunes is the way to go, but if you just dropped 600 bucks on the edge then you mine as well use it. edge is known to eat transmissions
Old 10-28-2013, 06:08 PM

I have a few buddies that have the 7.3 like me that have had these units for years and they love it hence the reason I bought it. I know these trannys are a weak point on this truck as it is. So I turned on the setting for it to defuel on wot shifts. I noticed right away before I did that it was slamming gears hard. Egt I have set to 1250. Wondering where I should set eot, icp, trans temp ect... It has a million pids I can control and I have no clue what "safe" settings would be
Old 10-28-2013, 08:08 PM

set the trans temp to 190-200 to be safe

you can run 1250 egt fine, i would set your defuel to 1350 or 1400, short bursts of this will harm nothing.
Old 11-01-2013, 11:10 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
What should I set the egts at for the turbo timer?
Old 05-04-2014, 08:22 AM

I was thinking of putting one of these Edge Juice in my '01 7.3 as i like the temp monitor ability & display, and I am only looking for minimal performance upgrade, like a tow tune.

P-rot, how has your's been? You said your friends run them with no issues...is that also on a 7.3?
Old 05-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Powerstroke.org Fanatic

Feedback Score: 1 reviews
My friend's is in a dodge

It's funny you should bring this up today.... I was pulling out of the fire station changing stations and my truck just died, threw the code p1212. Did some research and a couple of the things I read said this could be caused by a tuner.... Well after much cranking and not starting I d/c'd the edge and it shortly started after, but I plugged it back In and it worked fine so was it the juice? I don't know.

But other than today I absolutely love it! I don't have to have a bunch of gauges clogging up my dash and I have it wired to me radio so I can watch movies on it in "reverse" mode and not have to stare at the middle of my dash. I've got mine mounted on visor mount made by ATS I got from strictly diesel so it's tucked up and out of the way. I had to trim it a little as it is designed for the older edge but it is amazing!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.