stage 2 injector questions! - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-21-2013, 11:36 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
stage 2 injector questions!

i have late 99 f350 dually with 6637 intake and superchips tuner. (plan on getting a custom chip soon) the truck has high miles and ive been saving up for an injector purchase at the end of the year. basically im looking for a little more power than what i have now but not looking to change out my stock fuel system or hpop, although i may have to... well i fount some stage 2 injectors split shot 175cc with 80% nozzles they said that i could see gains from 75-125 hp. my questions are will my stock truck do well with these? am i going to have to change alot out or do any custom tuning in order to run these? and what am i looking to get out of these, big decrease in mpgs? alot of smoke? or more problems down the road? not saying i want alot of smoke or really worried about it im just wanting to know what im getting into lol. i really dont have a heavy foot, but would like to have the extra power when needed! what ever input yall have will be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2013, 12:40 PM

175/80 injector will really tax the stock turbo. It will work ok with the stock fuel system assuming it is in good working condition now.

If your wanting to have a good tow pig I would step back to a 160cc injector...
Old 10-21-2013, 12:47 PM

I don't tow to much and I do plan on upgrading to a gtp38r in the future, also I don't drive this daily it may get 400-700 miles a month on it and I'm pretty easy on it then

Last edited by jec92; 10-21-2013 at 12:54 PM.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:19 PM

Split shot 175cc injectors are going to need an upgraded hpop. I feel even stock AD's need an upgraded hpop. Adding a new billet wheel to your turbo can help, but the 38R would be a better choice.

As far as fuel system, yes I would recommend an upgrade to it too. But Riff Raff's FRX is a inexpensive upgrade.

I would bet you would be a lot happier with a set of 160cc single shots instead.
Old 10-21-2013, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim @ P.I.S. View Post
Split shot 175cc injectors are going to need an upgraded hpop. I feel even stock AD's need an upgraded hpop. Adding a new billet wheel to your turbo can help, but the 38R would be a better choice.

As far as fuel system, yes I would recommend an upgrade to it too. But Riff Raff's FRX is a inexpensive upgrade.

I would bet you would be a lot happier with a set of 160cc single shots instead.
Oh crap!!!

I didnt even notice he was talking about a modified split shot... YUCK!

No matter what go single shot.

If your going to go with a 38R then a 175cc injector would be fine, but as Tim said...

Its hard to beat a 160cc injector for a tow rig. My wifes Excursion put down 367hp, with 160/0's and a 38R...

Stock fuel, HD4r100 and intake/exhaust... Thats a solid tow rig right there.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:00 PM

ahh ok the guy thats selling these injectors told me the complete opposite! he tells me that to run single shot injectors id need tuning instead of install and go
Old 10-21-2013, 02:01 PM

ill go with a 160 but just didnt want to go with them then will want more later
Old 10-21-2013, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jec92 View Post
ahh ok the guy thats selling these injectors told me the complete opposite! he tells me that to run single shot injectors id need tuning instead of install and go
True if you stay with splits you don't have to have any tuning. But I have never seen anyone try to run larger splits without tuning either.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:06 PM
Premium Member

To run the single shot you will need tuning to make it work. But these two guys have been totally right. Get away from the split shot, and 175 is too much for the stock turbo.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:07 PM

So either way I'm looking at changing out a lot of parts correct? And when we talk about tunning it, do we mean just having a custom chip made for my settings?

Sent from AutoGuide.com App
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.