PHP Hydra impressions - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2013, 06:25 AM

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
PHP Hydra impressions

So far so good. The learning curve to get it programed was a little steep but I got that figured out. The change in shift points and the early torque converter lock-up has taken a little to get used to but now that I realize how to drive it it's nice. It seems to keep the trans temp down. Towing has been a pleasure. I hauled my friends race buggy up to his house in the mountians just north of me and it never unlocked on the pulls. I was able to keep it at 55-60 through the mildly steep windy highway. The 140 tune will blow the tires off. I don't see much need to send $$$ up in smoke but I guess it's nice to have. I give it a 9 out of 10 just because of the time it take to learn how to program it. I would recommend it to anyone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-11-2013, 06:49 AM
Banned

I even struggled with the programing, but after a bit I've got it down pat now. Biggest issue I have anymore is remembering whos tunes are were.

I have No Limit on 1 and 2, Gearhead on 3, PHP on 4 and 5 and a friends tunes on 6,7 and 8... LOL
Old 10-11-2013, 07:02 AM
Compression Ignition Addict

Ya it does take alittle getting use too the programming, but ounce that is figured out I love it.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post
I even struggled with the programing, but after a bit I've got it down pat now. Biggest issue I have anymore is remembering whos tunes are were.

I have No Limit on 1 and 2, Gearhead on 3, PHP on 4 and 5 and a friends tunes on 6,7 and 8... LOL
Your lucky that you got the No Limit tunes on your chip before they stopped supporting it. Thats the main reason I am going with a TS or Phoenix instead of this chip as I want the PIS/No Limit combo.
Old 10-11-2013, 01:20 PM

Location: Lowville, New York. Studying Mechanical Eng. @ Suny Canton
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSIPSD View Post

What is No Limit tune????
Old 10-11-2013, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im_Strokin_ur_Cummins View Post
What is No Limit tune????
No Limit Tuning:

No Limit Tuning & Design

They provide package deals on tuning for PIS injectors. CSIPSD is running some PIS injectors in his truck. I remember him saying that out of all of the tunes that he had on his Hydra, these (No Limit) were the most impressive. He is a lucky SOB in that he is one of the few people that received tunes for his Hydra before they decided to not support the chip. The cool thing about NLT is that you can pretty much fit all of their relevant tunes on a 6 POS chip, so if you get PIS injectors you should be golden.

JC
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.