questions about tw tunes - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-30-2013, 02:52 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
questions about tw tunes

Hi everyone i have a late model 99 powerstroke 7.3, It is the first diesel I have owned and i have a few questions about the tony wilder tune. The guy i bought it from said it has bigger injectors, bigger turbo, shift kit and it is programmed to high performance but I did not get the programmer with it. What i have read on the forums is the tony wilder tune is the way to go. I went on the site to look into ordering one and it ask about all the mods. I'm just curious if there is any way to know the exact info for all these mods. I found the receipt from the transmission shop and it does have a shift kit but as far as the rest of it goes i do not know. People have also told me if it is programmed i cant put another one it until the old one gets deleted, is there away to do this. Sorry for the abundance of questions. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Zack
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-01-2013, 05:03 AM

Zack,

If you indeed have Tony Wildman tunes then you should find a small black knob somewhere inside the cab of the truck. The chips that Tony uses are made by TS Performance but Tony writes his own tunes to them. I will agree that Tony writes some good tunes. When you purchase a chip from him you get the chip and a switch so that you can change the tune as you are driving. However, you do not have the ability to alter the tune itself, you can only switch between different tunes that are programmed to the chip.

As far as what mods are done to the truck... well the previous owner would be the one to ask for details. If you can't get an answer from them, you would have to pull the truck apart to find out, unless someone else can tell you otherwise.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:12 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

To get maximum performance out of it you're going to want to get what injectors and what turbo is in it, then tell whoever will be burning your new chip. They could be either single shots or split shots. If you can't get the info you'll want to pull one to bring it in to get flow tested and to see what kind of injector it is.

I have Wildman tunes, and they are very solid. I wouldn't hesitate getting PHP tunes either.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.