dieselsite 7.3 turbo master? - Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum
Powerstroke.org is the premier Diesel Truck Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-24-2013, 09:15 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Feedback Score: 0 reviews
dieselsite 7.3 turbo master?

Hey everyone I was looking at buying a dieselsite turbo master mechanical turbo actuator for my 7.3 was wondering if anyone likes it? Also wanted to know what the max boost I can set it for with a stock turbo with a banks compressor wheel? or would I be better off with the banks actuator? Thanks

Last edited by SouthFloridaBoy7.3; 09-24-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Compression Ignition Addict

the turbo master is better than the banks big head hands down.

i would set the wastegate to open at 20-25 psi.

you will only see 25-30 psi max boost with banks wheel anyways.

keep in mind the stock wastegate opens at 7 psi, so it will be a huge improvement
Old 09-24-2013, 10:06 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Or what boost psi can I set which is a safe for my turbo to run daily driving at? I am currently hitting 26psi max with the stock actuator but bleeds off the boost I create after around half throttle.
Old 09-24-2013, 10:13 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Will I beable to hit 30 psi if I get the riffraff billetwheel? I just installed my hpx and frx from them and noticed they make a billet wheel.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:14 PM

Why are you concerned about how much boost your making?

The turbomaster is a good product, but dont buy it so you can brag about how much boost your making.
Old 09-24-2013, 11:50 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

I don't need to brag about anything? you are the one with the 40psi boost picture which would make you a brager indeed?.....I don't see why more boost is a bad thing isn't that why we all buy these performance parts. To make our trucks run better and longer? Seeing that you have more knowledge than me I wouldn't mind knowing what is safe range for my turbo to be set at since ive heard it can handle up to 35psi. The main problem I'm haven't is my truck starts to blow off very early now with my dp tuner and ocr and it seems pointless to be making all the boost if its just blowing off. I'm just here for answers and advice help would be appreciated!
Old 09-25-2013, 01:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthFloridaBoy7.3 View Post
I don't need to brag about anything? you are the one with the 40psi boost picture which would make you a brager indeed?.....I don't see why more boost is a bad thing isn't that why we all buy these performance parts. To make our trucks run better and longer? Seeing that you have more knowledge than me I wouldn't mind knowing what is safe range for my turbo to be set at since ive heard it can handle up to 35psi. The main problem I'm haven't is my truck starts to blow off very early now with my dp tuner and ocr and it seems pointless to be making all the boost if its just blowing off. I'm just here for answers and advice help would be appreciated!
The picture is of the gauge, of the Peak recall function and warning lights that the Isspro gauges offer. I top out at about 50-52psi...

Boost is a measure of restriction. Boost has nothing to do with HP. Thatís what the performance parts are for, increased HP.

The stock turbo looses efficiency at about 25psi. After that the boost to back pressure ratio goes thru the roof. The aftermarket compressor wheels help, as does larger exhaust housings.

Ideally you want a 1 to 1 ratio, for every 1# of boost, you have 1# of back pressure.

For example, my 66cm H2e- at 40# boost I am at 40-44# back pressure. At 50psi I am at about 60-62psi back pressure.

At 30# on a stock turbo you will be at 40-45psi back pressure. The main issue with this is side loading on the center section, which over time causes the turbo to fail.

Your turbo is not blowing off pressure, your turbo is surging. You will NEVER hear the waste gate open on a 7.3 turbo. Never. Not even if you put your ear down there.

Your hearing surge, and to some extent stall.

Again, youíre not blowing off any boost, at least not that your hearing. The waste gate could be weak, but you would never notice it.
Old 09-25-2013, 03:01 AM

I just want too say hello, I use to live in West Palm beach for almost 40yrs before moving to Georgia back in 2005.
Old 09-25-2013, 12:04 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Thanks man that helps out alot. So below 25 will be a good set range ? Since I will have about 30 psi back pressure? Since the stock actuator lets off way earlier than that I will notice a difference no matter what i set it to. I just haven't heard of alot of people useing the turbo master only banks so I wasn't sure if anyone likes one better. I call it Blow off but it just sounds like releasing the air .
Old 09-25-2013, 12:09 PM
Powerstroke.org Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
I just want too say hello, I use to live in West Palm beach for almost 40yrs before moving to Georgia back in 2005.
Hey man ya ive lived in Delray for my whole life awesome down here alot has changed in 8 years.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Powerstroke Diesel Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.